Hacking Configurable USB Loader

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
dcelso said:
¿Is possible to do a DVD backup directly in Wii? Something simliar that USB Loader GX do with WBFS partitions when you insert a DVD in the drive, it would be a great characteristic.
¡Installing of DVDs inside the loader is possible only to WBFS and FAT32 partitions!
Maybe to NTFS in the future too, but not at the moment.

scarface5323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi, i tried to play (call of duty modern warfare 2 pal
huh.gif
.).. with configurable usb loader.and stucks to 8 mission...
i read in SD/USB Loader v1.x Compatibility Matrix list to play with wiiflow [i cant load the games(i get wbfs -1 load error)] or with usb configurable and 002 fix on and region fix on, but i cant find this option...and i tried all the options but the same...can you help me to fix this?
thanks (sorry for my english but i am from greece)..
edit1: i have done this tutorial and works...my wii is softmoded...

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello People @gbatemp!

This is really a very nice Forum with good Tutorials.

But i have got a question concerning the Configurable USB Loader Release v50c and the ehcmodule3.elf:

I am using the cIOS 222 with IOS 36 (Recommended) from the cIOS 222 Installer 2.6 packed within the ULoader 2.8 D Package.

When I try to load a game with the cIOS 222-mload selected I get the well know suggestive that i should include the extern ehcmodule3.elf because ehcmodule3.elf is not inculded in the USB Loader Configurable any more, i read this in the patchnotes already.

But my Problem is:

I put the ehcmodule.elf from the location uloader_v2.8D\src\uloader\resources and renamed it to ehcmodule3.elf and placed it in the following directories but the loader still says that the ehcmodule3.elf cannot be found:

SD:\apps\usbloader
SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg
SD:\USBLoader

What surprises me too:
As a test i have put the ehcmodule.elf from the uloader_v3.2\src\uloader\resources, renamed it to ehcmodule4.elf and placed it in the same directorys as mentioned above but the ehcmodule4.elf is also not loaded by the USB Loader.

With the older Versions of the Configurable USB Loader i have placed the external ehcmodules in the directory SD:\apps\USBLoader and they were loaded correctly, but with the new Version v50c it doesn´t work.

Before I decided to write about my problem here i have spend hours in searching a solution in the internet but found nothing.

Please give me a link or an advice, i am really helpless!

I have formatted the SD Card already with the Panasonic SD Formatter v2.0 [Options: Format Type: Full (Erase Off) AND Format Size Adjustment: Off] but it doesn´t help with my problem.

Thank you in advance for your help!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Geridian said:
Hello People @gbatemp!

But i have got a question concerning the Configurable USB Loader Release v50c and the ehcmodule3.elf:

I am using the cIOS 222 with IOS 36 (Recommended) from the cIOS 222 Installer 2.6 packed within the ULoader 2.8 D Package.

When I try to load a game with the cIOS 222-mload selected I get the well know suggestive that i should include the extern ehcmodule3.elf because ehcmodule3.elf is not inculded in the USB Loader Configurable any more, i read this in the patchnotes already.

Or just update your ios 222/223 to the latest revision 4 and you won't get that problem.
Unless you have a very specific reason to still keep on using ios 222 rev3? Why not upgrade to rev4?

QUOTE(Geridian @ Dec 22 2009, 05:54 PM) But my Problem is:

I put the ehcmodule.elf from the location uloader_v2.8D\src\uloader\resources and renamed it to ehcmodule3.elf and placed it in the following directories but the loader still says that the ehcmodule3.elf cannot be found:

What surprises me too:
As a test i have put the ehcmodule.elf from the uloader_v3.2\src\uloader\resources, renamed it to ehcmodule4.elf and placed it in the same directorys as mentioned above but the ehcmodule4.elf is also not loaded by the USB Loader.

With the older Versions of the Configurable USB Loader i have placed the external ehcmodules in the directory SD:\apps\USBLoader and they were loaded correctly, but with the new Version v50c it doesn´t work.

Before I decided to write about my problem here i have spend hours in searching a solution in the internet but found nothing.

I have formatted the SD Card already with the Panasonic SD Formatter v2.0 (Options: Format Type: Full (Erase Off) AND Format Size Adjustment: Off) but it doesn´t help my problem.

Is your base directory really sd:/apps/usbloader?
You don't have a sd:/usb-loader/ directory? - that is where all the cfg files are installed normally.
Also, are you using the 50c-fat version or normal? Use the normal, if you want the external modules to be loaded.

fonetval

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oggzee said:
fonetval said:
Hi everybody,

I just upgrade my freshly installed (and working) cfg v50 (release) to the 50c one, and now I've got the message (just after the progress bar of loading in HBC) : "not a valid wii application"
cry.gif

Some précisions :

update of cfg UsbLoader via "update" option of cfg loader (choice between 50a,50b and 50c)
4.1E + WiiKey
HDD seagte 500Go, works perfectly with Loader Gx, Wiiflow 1.1 and cfg loader 50 ...

Any idea of what appened ?
It seems that somehow the downloaded file got corrupted, why and when that happened i don't know, could be during network transfer, maybe a filesystem corruption... I suggest taking your SD to the PC and run a disk check there (or HDD if you're running from one). Then remove boot.dol and rename boot.dol.bak (that is the previous one) to boot.dol and try again. If you want to skip the PC disk check, you can remove & rename using ftpii or other tools as well...

edit: ah clipper beat me in replying...

Thanks to both of you ! Clipper or Oggzee, you're the best ! As I haven't any problem with my "50 release", I finally restore de "dol.bak" that the update process had -fortunatelly- created : everything is running now.

Thanks for your work and your effectiveness !!!

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hello oggzee,
thank you very much for answering my post!

oggzee said:
Geridian said:
Hello People @gbatemp!

Or just update your ios 222/223 to the latest revision 4 and you won't get that problem.
Unless you have a very specific reason to still keep on using ios 222 rev3? Why not upgrade to rev4?

I want to stay still with the cIOS 222 from the rev 3 becauce it has no loading issues with my old USB Harddisk (crazy controller) and call me a freak but i think that all other cIOS have loading issues when connecting with the "Wifi Connection" when i want to play a game online, like The Conduit (sound dropouts and momentary hanging when trying to establish a wifi-connection), when using "cIOS 222 v3 IOS 36 recommended" i do not get the mentioned errors.

The replacement of the old cIOS 222 by a new version of the cIOS 222 is currently no solution for me because I believe that it must somehow be possible to demand from the new version 50 what the old v49 could do with the external modules as well.

QUOTE(Geridian @ Dec 22 2009, 05:54 PM)
But my Problem is:

What surprises me too:

I have formatted the SD Card already with the Panasonic SD Formatter v2.0 (Options: Format Type: Full (Erase Off) AND Format Size Adjustment: Off) but it doesn´t help my problem.

Is your base directory really sd:/apps/usbloader?
You don't have a sd:/usb-loader/ directory? - that is where all the cfg files are installed normally.
Also, are you using the 50c-fat version or normal? Use the normal, if you want the external modules to be loaded.[/qoute]

I believe I have not made myself clear (please excuse me for that) but yes, i have a sd:/usb-loader/ directory, if I had not, I think it would hardly work
smile.gif

No place to store the covers or something else like this
smile.gif

For another test i have deleted my unused SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg directory, loaded and unpacked the v50 archive, copied the entire contents of the "inSDRoot" directory to my SD-card (I let windows override everything), than included the ehcmodule3.elf in the directories sd:/apps/usbloader and sd:/usb-loader/ but still no ehcmodule3.elf can be loaded.

Then I copied in the normal version 50c, but it couldn´t also find a ehcmodule3.elf.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
@Geridian:

Ok this works for me:

use cfg50c.dol (not cfg50c-fat.dol)
add this to config.txt:
ios=222-mload
copy ehcmodule3.elf to sd:/usb-loader

I can confirm that if you don't have ios=222-mload in config.txt but instead specify it in game options it doesn't load the external ehcmodule. I will fix this in a future version.

However I still don't believe that ios222 rev3 is in any way better than ios222 rev4.
I would just upgrade and see if it works or not.

haiggoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Now that the configurable USB Loader also supports NTFS it became very interesting to me, as a don't have to have two separate partitions on my external drive anymore and furthermore can use the same iso-images that I use for the dolphin emulator without having to convert them.

But I have a question: Hermes Cios is required for the use of FAT. But what about NTFS? Would it be possible to run everything with Waninkokos IOS249 (rev15) or do I still need to install cios 222 in order to load and install games on my NTFS drive?

I'm asking because the Hermes cios installer won't do anything after I have selected "Install IOS38".

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, Hermes' IOS is required for NTFS too. As for your installation problem, do you have GameCube peripherals plugged in or are using a LAN adapter? Try the instructions here to maximise your chances of getting it to work. E.g., you must use the offline installation method if you are using a LAN adapter to get your Wii online.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont no if its been asked before or possible yet or if its part of the new gecko code...

can different hook types be added for ocarina as some game require different hook types?

scarface5323

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
scarface5323 said:
Hi, i tried to play (call of duty modern warfare 2 pal
huh.gif
.).. with configurable usb loader.and stucks to 8 mission...
i read in SD/USB Loader v1.x Compatibility Matrix list to play with wiiflow [i cant load the games(i get wbfs -1 load error)] or with usb configurable and 002 fix on and region fix on, but i cant find this option...and i tried all the options but the same...can you help me to fix this?
thanks (sorry for my english but i am from greece)..
edit1: i have done this tutorial and works...my wii is softmoded...
nobody?

hllywood14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help??? here is whats going on..
wii 4.2u nintendo update
ios 249 rev 14 installed no errors
ios 222/223 installed no errors
have tried both usb ports--no good
can load homebrew from usb..
loader will not find usb drive....
attempt to format a normal sd card from inside loader 2 gig sd card--no sd....comes up with a quick error..flashes to fast to see it and then back to loader screen.....
hard drive is a 1 partition seagate 320gb free agent go formated as fat32..
I'm about to lose my mind...

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have one small problem when using the new 50c-fat (which did fix SD card loading) and that is that pressing 'return to title screen' on the home button menu reboots the wii. This happens on a FAT formatted USB stick and SD cars. Everything else works great, so it really is a minor problem but I thought you might want to fix it
smile.gif

Rion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Kkolko said:
I have one small problem when using the new 50c-fat (which did fix SD card loading) and that is that pressing 'return to title screen' on the home button menu reboots the wii. This happens on a FAT formatted USB stick and SD cars. Everything else works great, so it really is a minor problem but I thought you might want to fix it
smile.gif

FAQ

Some known issues and suggestions that are frequently asked about:

* Return directly to the loader when exiting a game: use preloader!

Geridian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
@Geridian:

Ok this works for me:

use cfg50c.dol (not cfg50c-fat.dol)
add this to config.txt:
ios=222-mload
copy ehcmodule3.elf to sd:/usb-loader

I can confirm that if you don't have ios=222-mload in config.txt but instead specify it in game options it doesn't load the external ehcmodule. I will fix this in a future version.

However I still don't believe that ios222 rev3 is in any way better than ios222 rev4.
I would just upgrade and see if it works or not.

Hello oggzee,
thank you very much for your help!
bow.gif

I will test your solution tomorrow and then report on the outcome!

Now I know why I definitely prefer the USB Loader Configurable: Good support makes the difference!
Please remain on that level!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
hllywood14 said:
can someone help??? here is whats going on..
wii 4.2u nintendo update
ios 249 rev 14 installed no errors
ios 222/223 installed no errors
have tried both usb ports--no good
can load homebrew from usb..
loader will not find usb drive....
attempt to format a normal sd card from inside loader 2 gig sd card--no sd....comes up with a quick error..flashes to fast to see it and then back to loader screen.....
hard drive is a 1 partition seagate 320gb free agent go formated as fat32..
I'm about to lose my mind...
If you want to put games on an SD, make sure you change config.txt and settings.cfg to have device=sdhc.

Also, try using "ios=222-mload" or the fat version dol to start up with IOS222 as it has better drive compatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4