)

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
pzyro said:
will .ciso files ever be supported?, it'd be a simpler way of saving disk space.
I don't intend to add any other file formats, although it shouldn't be hard.
Also, I see no benefit in .ciso compared to .wbfs
Wii Backup Manager by fig2k4 handles both and can covert from one to the other.

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
fig2k4 said:
Bloodlust said:
I love WBM, but is there an option to scrub the excess space of an ISO to the same size as a converted *.wbfs file? Is that how you define "sparse"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparse_file

The ISO will still show as 4.37 gig or whatever in explorer, but the size used on disk will be the same as WBFS files or CISO.

To create/copy a sparse ISO, you'll need to use wbfs_file or WBM, since Windows explorer doesn't create sparse files. Like oggzee mentioned, it'll use the real 4.37 gig if you copy it using explorer.
blink.gif
So we still need a manager for save space with .iso files?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Oggzee, Usptactical, Your loader is definately the front runner when it comes to usb loading!!

Always 1st with the new features and any fixes that are needed take only a few days (Peppa Pig),
The GX boys must be working real hard just to keep up!!!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
DIXES said:
What's meaning of ntfs getf -37 error ? Thanks !!!
I use v50b, launching some .iso files. (Use WBM convert some .wbfs files to .iso files)
That means the file is fragmented in more than 5000 places which is the current limit. It looks like the current method of creating sparse files makes the files highly fragmented, at least it seems that is the case with wbfs_file, but probably with WBM too.

Can you try using explorer on windows:
- copy that file to a different hdd for example C:
- remove the file on USB
- copy the file back from C: to USB
This will loose the sparse properties but i think it will not be fragmented anymore.

To solve the issue I think that we would need to adjust the sparse file creation...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
laurozza said:
Yes. Although in my opinion it's easier to go with .wbfs files.
Especially since now it seems that sparse file creation makes the files also highly fragmented.
The issue needs to be investigated further though...

chrissou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, is there anyway to traducte configurable usb loader into french language please ?
I use this loader before 2 months and i think it's the best of loader i use !

EeZeEpEe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
oggzee said:
smf said:
It's 802.11g, so up to 50mb/s. Quite what throughput/latency you'll get from smb is another thing.
Heh, you wish
smile.gif
try measuring it...
edit: btw not sure if you were talking about bytes or bits, but the correct number is 54 Mbit/s, which makes for a maximum theoretical throughput of 6.75 MB/s, however actual numbers are much lower, in the range that WiiPower mentioned or even lower, anyway it's too slow. And I am certainly not adding that even if it would be fast enough.

It's probably just a crappy 'good enough' implementation, like nintendos usb drivers. It might be possible to improve it, but lots of work. Benchmarking the linux wifi driver would be interesting.
Scroll down to 802.11g and the actual max throughput is ~22Mbit/s equallying 2.69 MB/s. I've even set two Macs right next to each other on a computer-to-computer network to transfer large files and the most I've hit is 3 MB/s. Just not fast enough.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
I successfully tested cfg v50b with a USB Stick.
Good work on NTFS support.
However, since you still need a manager to compress isos (sparse file or *.wbfs) I see little interest in using NTFS over WBFS (and I like the idea of a proprietary file system and a "hidden disk" in Windows).

That said, I may go into NTFS if someone can answer a question about sparse files. Can I burn directly those compressed isos like normal ones (without additional convert step) ?

chrissou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hackotedelaplaque said:
I successfully tested cfg v50b with a USB Stick.
Good work on NTFS support.
However, since you still need a manager to compress isos (sparse file or *.wbfs) I see little interest in using NTFS over WBFS (and I like the idea of a proprietary file system and a "hidden disk" in Windows).

That said, I may go into NTFS if someone can answer a question about sparse files. Can I burn directly those compressed isos like normal ones (without additional convert step) ?

I see you are french, is there anyway to traducte this loader in french language ?

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
oggzee said:
laurozza said:
Yes. Although in my opinion it's easier to go with .wbfs files.
Especially since now it seems that sparse file creation makes the files also highly fragmented.
The issue needs to be investigated further though...
I see...thanks.
NTFS support seems to have more cons than pros...but it's only the beginning. ^^

zinger5

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,

Had a play with the new #50 releases to see if there was any change in its compatibility with SDHC cards and am now getting a slightly different error than before. Now if I try to run a game from the SDHC fat partition it says "Error setting fragmens" and then asks me to press any key to continue. When I do press any key the cursor has gone a bit strange (a distorted box thing in place of the hand) and attempting to play the game a second time brings the same error, swiftly followed by this:

I don't know if SDHC compatibility is a priority at the moment, but thought it might be of use if you are planning to look at it. This has been the same on 50a, 50b and the 50t3 versions by the way.

Great job on the loader by the way and apologies for the crap screen grab - phone camera!

cheers,

zinger5

fig2k4

Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm getting a code dump with my setup in 50b.

I've got 4 partitions on my 500 GB drive..

20 GB NTFS
20 GB FAT32
20 GB WBFS
400 GB FAT32

The first 3 partitions work fine, but CFG code dumps when I select the 400 GB FAT32 partition. All of them (except NTFS obviously) work in 49.

The partition contains wbfs files in sub-folders.

Code:
STACK DUMP:
80b0f3b0 --> 80b4d7fc --> 80b40c04 --> 80b415dc -->
80b41e6c --> 80b41f6c --> 80b435f0 --> 80b436f4 -->
80b49abc

If you need more info, let me know. I'll go and try other versions to see if they have the same problem. I was too busy to try anything inbetween 49 and 50b, so I'll try to find the first version this happens with.

Edit:
50a works fine with all the partitions. It's just 50b and 50b FAT that code dump when selecting the 1 partition I mentioned.

Budweiser

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to have the configurable usb loader to use the naming of the files on hard drive , i have renamed a few games to get them in a certain order ,but it just defaults back to the default.. thanks Bud

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol