Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Braindrain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a weird problem with Config USB loader.

Everything was running fine. I had it running off a Buffalo Drivestation (1TB partition) formatted to FAT32. Have both cIOS38 rev 14 and Hermes cIOS 222/223.

I ran a scrubbed/BCA patched version of Avatar. All was going well, didn't have the screen freeze at level 2. Decided I had enough and turned off my Wii.

However, when I restarted my Wii, the HDD hangs when after I "select" a game for loading. It seems the Wii/HDD is rebooting itself every 10 secs and it's an endless loop.

I do know that my Wii is able to read the HDD because I've got my covers there.

I've also tried running GX and no go. Same problem. Funny thing was, I could also run GX before.

I've tried moving my covers to SD, re-doing the whole config file, and moving all settings back to default. None of that works.

I'm thinking my Hermes cIOS is corrupted but I didn't run any updates and I'm assuming Config USB Loader blocks updates.

Would anyone have any idea what's going on? I don't want to start screwing around with the IOS's if it's something else.

Thanks

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have questions about profiles, can you make it so you only see your favorites or certain games in different profiles?

Can you have different themes in each profile?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
LxTrix said:
I have questions about profiles, can you make it so you only see your favorites or certain games in different profiles?

For the first part, push 2 on the remote to go into favorites mode. I can't remember if it sorts all the favourites to the front or only shows the favourites, but either should be enough.

No on the different themes.

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow oggzee, you have one HELL of a popular program. I was away for 5 days, and there was over 20 pages of new posts. Just wow.

Keep it up, it's just awesome what you're doing.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
xflak40 said:
@ pepxl, sounds great! But can your tell me what u mean by "Narolez Forwarder .dol with IOS argument"?

its Narolez's forwarder dol what used in preloader with simple IOS aruguments that when a button is held that certain app will load that certain IOS at startup

and by internal dol do you mean it has actual apps boot.dol embedded?

its simply just a hybrid channel that loads the internal dol embedded within in it if no boot.dol is found in the fat:/apps/xxxxx/ folder

lastly, have you checked if your mplayer forwarder can launch the new mplayer_ce v 0.76 without stack dumping on exit? I've looked into it and so far there isn't a channel that can do it (some say it has to do with the app itself, not the channel, so if u can boot 0.75 but not 0.76 don't be surprised)

unfortunatly 0.76 DSI's with all forwarder sources to date so im guessing the app doesnt exit to SM properly when booted from it but works fine from HBC and to be honost im not to fussed about that as 0.75 seems to be more stable than the 0.76 release

jerrios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why I haven't said this yet, but thank you oggzee for making a great loader. I tried for months to get the usbloader to work on my wii with no luck, then the FAT version came out and I haven't had a single problem yet, and each new release is better than the last. Thanks!

LxTrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
LxTrix said:

For the first part, push 2 on the remote to go into favorites mode. I can't remember if it sorts all the favourites to the front or only shows the favourites, but either should be enough.

No on the different themes.

Thanks for the help and different themes on different profiles might just be a cool thing to add. ANother idea is a shortcut to switch between profiles rather then going to global options.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jodiskett said:
Hi all, it is possible to rename the title in wbfs file ?
How ?

If you are talking about the text file, yes.
Just click on it and rename it, it is not by the loader for anything, it was created to make it easier for users (us) to identify the game rather then from a 6 digit ID.

The wbfs files doe not have a name on it, just the ID.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oggzee, i guess you should consider to accept both for bca data, binary and text file. I vote for this format: "000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
0000000000000000000000000001000000000000000000000000" just renamed to .bca. Auto detection by the file size shouldn't be a problem.

PS: There's no line break in the message i tried to type.

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sacohen9665 said:
Jodiskett said:
Hi all, it is possible to rename the title in wbfs file ?
How ?

If you are talking about the text file, yes.
Just click on it and rename it, it is not by the loader for anything, it was created to make it easier for users (us) to identify the game rather then from a 6 digit ID.

The wbfs files doe not have a name on it, just the ID.

Thanks but No I'm not talking about text files
smile.gif

Since two days I use Fat usb drive to replace wbfs drive....
Before when i use wbfs file system, I have a iso before copy and if I need I could change name with wbfs manager
Now I have iso and I use wbfs_file to convert .iso to .wbfs with directory
And with option -d i have directly the title grab directly from the .ISO
How change the name like with wbfs manager ?
Have you specific command ? option ?

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just moved to the FAT version and discovered that my Dr. Hank 2.5" USB enclosure (with a 80GB samsung inside it) doesn't work with it. Too bad. I just loved the idea of using FAT as the filesystem. Any chances to make my USB work with 49b-fat?

I don't like WBFS as the filesystem because it corrupts some games now and then
frown.gif

Regards,

bootsector

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
bootsector said:
Just moved to the FAT version and discovered that my Dr. Hank 2.5" USB enclosure (with a 80GB samsung inside it) doesn't work with it. Too bad. I just loved the idea of using FAT as the filesystem. Any chances to make my USB work with 49b-fat?

frown.gif

Regards,

bootsector
A silly question...do you have cios 222/223?

bootsector

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes. 49b-fat works with my 2GB Sony pendrive. But doesn't work with my HDD enclosure. 49b (non-fat) works with this HDD enclosure formatted as WBFS.

Regards,

bootsector

laurozza said:
bootsector said:

frown.gif

Regards,

bootsector
A silly question...do you have cios 222/223?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bootsector said:
Yes. 49b-fat works with my 2GB Sony pendrive. But doesn't work with my HDD enclosure. 49b (non-fat) works with this HDD enclosure formatted as WBFS.

Regards,

bootsector
Very strange. How exactly does it not work?

If it's just not detecting the drive at startup, try using IOS249 to load the drive, but IOS222 to start the games. Just use 49b and add "partition = FAT1" to config.txt. Delete any partition option from settings.cfg as well. Before launching a game, make sure you choose IOS222 in the options menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7