Hacking Configurable USB Loader

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AllWiidUp said:
see, evasion. Can't take the time to read a response, just pretend everyone else is like you and steals.

IOS is *seperate* modules, the GPL'd code was in modules, hence those modules were released. Look at a WAD for IOS or cIOS, there are multiple files. Waninkoko followed the GPL and released all modules that are based on GPL code, don't try and pretend you can't understand that simple distinction.

This is a black and white issue, you *are* in the wrong, no one else. Everyone else involved with cIOS is following the the GPL, except you.

Please read the GPL, and people interpretations, before pretending you know. Were the modules released under a BSD license, you could do what you are doing and it's fine.

Dude, this is a dead issue, go bark up another tree, he said he's not gonna release it and that's that. I happen to like the loader, if you don't like the non-release of his code GO WRITE YOUR OWN. Who cares if he releases the code in his loader, if he wrote it based on sources freely available, you are free to do the same.

Stop with the GPL crap, it has been asked and answered for pages and pages now.

Incidentally, the idea of the mouse was stolen from Xerox, I don't see you harping on Microsoft or Apple. Many great programs are based on others work, Oggzee will release it when he is ready and not before. As far as the GPL is concerned, it sounds to me like you are using this to hide behind because you want the sources so you don't have to actually do any work on a project, just change a few things and call it your own. Hmmm, wonder if he releases the code if you will comply fully with the GPL yourself?

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
Puro Osso said:
Dont have GC controllers, tried a keyboard with no sucess;
You people can't add the sync feature to the Loader? or at least keyboard;
My wii is just a Brick... think this is a new way to do that...
Thanks again;
EDIT:
Can't someone just make somthing at the config.txt or another file to do the Loader just go to the Wii Channel?
I'm not doing anything about it. I'm sure there are other solutions to your preloader problems, why don't you ask in some preloader forum or something?

in the DL page of PreLoader is explicit:"can't syc at preloader" =/

I only wanted some help with the USB loader, the remotes won't sync in it, isn't a problem?

Sorry for anything, i'll try to buy a GC controller and stop bother u guys... (live in a distant place in brazil(explains my terrible english,lol)) =/

Puro Osso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
Puro Osso said:
Dont have GC controllers, tried a keyboard with no sucess;
You people can't add the sync feature to the Loader? or at least keyboard;
My wii is just a Brick... think this is a new way to do that...
Thanks again;
EDIT:
Can't someone just make somthing at the config.txt or another file to do the Loader just go to the Wii Channel?
I'm not doing anything about it. I'm sure there are other solutions to your preloader problems, why don't you ask in some preloader forum or something?

in the DL page of PreLoader is explicit:"can't sync at preloader" =/

I only wanted some help with the USB loader, the remotes won't sync in it, isn't a problem?

Sorry for anything, i'll try to buy a GC controller and stop bother u guys... (live in a distant place in brazil(explains my terrible english,lol)) =/

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
jefffisher said:
can someone help me i can't figure out how to get cheatcodes to work, i downloaded them turned them on pushed save but when i got back to manage all the ones i enabled are again disabled there seems no way to make them to stick

Are you perhaps using the hybrid channel without forwarding or is your base directory or settings.cfg file write protected? Your base directory is listed on the global options page, which you can get to by pushing 1 twice from the games list or GUI. I think the cheats might also need another directory on the SD card, check README-CFG.txt for more info.

Edit: The cheats directory is the codes subdirectory of the base directory. I just had another thought though. THe cheats you turn on aren't saved anywhere except the .gct. There won't be a way to read that to go back to the .txt file, so your cheats are probably saved, you just can't see which ones were saved by going back there.
thanks just checked everything you suggested, i am not using a channel booting it through HBC the GCT files are saved in the codes subdirectory i even used the same GCT file i used to use through gecko with no luck.
if it helps i didn't change anything or edit any settings just downloaded the latest configurable usb loader from here stuck it on my sd card and started using it with no problems till i tried to cheat.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v47b (beta)
cfg47b.dol
cfg47b-fat.dol
(or online update)

Changes:

* GC and classic controller and nunchuk joystick support (by gannon)
* option: install_partitions = 1:1
disable scrubbing when installing, except for the last 256kb which are
stil scrubbed because of the wbfs block size not aligned to wii disc size
* Fixed banner sounds with games that have upper case OPENING.BNR
(Thanks to RolloS60 from wiicoverflow)
* Cleanups

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GCN controller support? Nice. That along with BootMii/boot2 means I can launch Brawl without having to use the Wiimote. Sweet!

And I have a question about WBFS in general. When you add a game to your HDD or convert it to .wbfs, does it use the "00xF" scrubbing method or does it do the Trucha method? I'd imagine it trucha-signs your discs since by default it cuts out the update partition, but I'm just making sure.

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pccfatman said:
AllWiidUp said:
see, evasion. Can't take the time to read a response, just pretend everyone else is like you and steals.

IOS is *seperate* modules, the GPL'd code was in modules, hence those modules were released. Look at a WAD for IOS or cIOS, there are multiple files. Waninkoko followed the GPL and released all modules that are based on GPL code, don't try and pretend you can't understand that simple distinction.

This is a black and white issue, you *are* in the wrong, no one else. Everyone else involved with cIOS is following the the GPL, except you.

Please read the GPL, and people interpretations, before pretending you know. Were the modules released under a BSD license, you could do what you are doing and it's fine.

Dude, this is a dead issue, go bark up another tree, he said he's not gonna release it and that's that. I happen to like the loader, if you don't like the non-release of his code GO WRITE YOUR OWN. Who cares if he releases the code in his loader, if he wrote it based on sources freely available, you are free to do the same.

Stop with the GPL crap, it has been asked and answered for pages and pages now.

Incidentally, the idea of the mouse was stolen from Xerox, I don't see you harping on Microsoft or Apple. Many great programs are based on others work, Oggzee will release it when he is ready and not before. As far as the GPL is concerned, it sounds to me like you are using this to hide behind because you want the sources so you don't have to actually do any work on a project, just change a few things and call it your own. Hmmm, wonder if he releases the code if you will comply fully with the GPL yourself?

interesting, you call into question, my releasing of code, I released my fix for WBFS that made it work for deletions and not corrupting data, so ya I would release changes I made. the mouse wasn't released under the GPL, so apples to oranges. What project am I working on that requires the source? NTFS? if I said that you'd all be on him like vultures to release it, 'course I don't have to have a project in mind to have the source. Any project that I've worked on in GPL is released under the GPL and I comply, I'm not asking for anything more than, what I and everyone else involved in the cIOS has done.

He's allow to keep his source code secret, had he not based in on GPL'd code. Say had he written a new ehc module and mload module, then that'd be more than cool. Had he written a pass thru to a binary module and released the pass thru, or as us programmers call it hooking code.

In America, we have these things called rights, freedoms and laws. I choose to follow them, I know most of you don't, but that doesn't mean I can't make my opinion known. BTW, I just might write my own version, by why should I have to. Cause you're all worried he'll leave? He's got too many of you on his balls, begging, whimpering and whining to give up the fame he has right now.

Will he be able to make an NTFS version? an EXT3 version? and HFS+ version? I dunno, but there are people who'd like those and him keeping the code to himself, is only slowing the progress of all interested parties. The fact that you defend it is, mildly amusing.

Do I think it's a worthwhile project, sure, lots of people wanted FAT support. But, it's interesting that you attack, someone who is advocating for your rights, even if you don't want them right now.

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude

I'm not attacking you I'm just sick of reading this crap, he's going to do what he chooses, so let it go already.

If you choose to argue with him then do so privately, I don't care about the source, I'm not writing a loader, I can say however, Oggzee has been more than open to implement the features I asked for and for that I cannot complain.

Should I happen to ever decide to write a loader, or need his source, I'll ask privately. If he says no, so be it, I'll look elsewhere. But I won't openly bash him in a forum for his project, regardless of where the underlying code came from or did not come from.

This forum topic is for the loader, problems, suggestions, and news. It is not a forum for GPL law.
If you want his source, wait for its release, or ask privately. Although I doubt at this point he'd give it to you if God himself ordered it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
pccfatman said:
If you want his source, wait for its release, or ask privately. Although I doubt at this point he'd give it to you if God himself ordered it.
It's interesting you would say that, given oggzee just posted this in chat:
oggzeeand btw i had all intentions to release the cios stuff this weekend but will not just because of such jerks

Congratulations AllWiidUp, I hope that's what you wanted. And don't go calling this a stunt or something. oggzee doesn't lie on stuff like this.

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lolz,

Well I guess all his complaining was for nothing anyway.

I had no doubt that Oggzee would release his source, just not to that guy specifically.

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
toss01 said:
I'm getting a problem that I had with v45 and also now with v46.

I've noticed it when I'm streaming a video through mplayer my Western Digital passport Hard drive goes to sleep after 10 minutes. If I exit mplayer then try to go to config loader it just stays on the flash screen and I have to reset from the box. It seems like the hard drive being asleep causes it to hang

Sorry to bring this back up in between the arguing but any help please?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
toss01 said:
toss01 said:

I've noticed it when I'm streaming a video through mplayer my Western Digital passport Hard drive goes to sleep after 10 minutes. If I exit mplayer then try to go to config loader it just stays on the flash screen and I have to reset from the box. It seems like the hard drive being asleep causes it to hang

You could try IOS222/223 if you haven't already (it fixes the spindown problem on more drives than Waninkoko's). Otherwise, find the Western Digital configuration app and change your spindown setting to something longer.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
AllWiidUp said:
interesting, you call into question, my releasing of code, I released my fix for WBFS that made it work for deletions and not corrupting data, so ya I would release changes I made. the mouse wasn't released under the GPL, so apples to oranges. What project am I working on that requires the source? NTFS? if I said that you'd all be on him like vultures to release it, '
Oh brother. Don't presume to speak for everyone. It's very annoying.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cambric said:
Dr. Clipper said:
cambric said:
Is it possible to organize the .wbfs files inside the usb:/wbfs/ folder by means o the use of subfolders instead of the actual flat way?
This has already been suggested, and rejected. File management is pretty simple as is as all the files will be located similarly as long as you use an alphabetic sort. It's even easy to move the file by command line as you can refer to all of the split files as "ID6.wbf?" using the ? wildcard.

Dear Dr. Clipper,

thanks for the quick answer, even if it is a rejection... no probs, this is the better loader "in the market".....

I would like just to point out that my suggestion was not aimed to simplify the HD management (you say "move the file by command line...") but to add another revolutionary feature in the loader itself. Managing the files in a FAT HD is extremely simple and needs no improvement at all.

The idea is to let the people organize in categories the games inside the loader, for example a folder for all of the Party Games, a folder for the Speed Race Games, a Folder for the Sport Games, a folder for the games preferred by the wife, another for the games preferred by the son...

This simplifies a lot looking for the games since you do not have to scroll all of them and you do not have to remember their name to know where to look for them, that is how much to scroll to find them...

Take into accont that a hierarchical category is something miles ahead than the "favorities" management ... and miles ahead also to the favorities management assigning 1-4 stars to the games... all of the users could be free to organize in the loader the games just as they like, with infinite degrees of freedom... I considered this a possible new revolutionary feature and hence I suggested it for this loader. The best loader deserves this kind of attentions...

Thank you again for your awesome job,

Cambo

now i know this would be ridiculously hard to implement... but it would be the ONE thing that would convince me to switch to FAT! that would be soooo epic! if it's really to difficult/not worth it, then it would be fine to implement a fancy faveourites system. that would sate me...
wink.gif

AllWiidUp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
9th_Sage said:
AllWiidUp said:
interesting, you call into question, my releasing of code, I released my fix for WBFS that made it work for deletions and not corrupting data, so ya I would release changes I made. the mouse wasn't released under the GPL, so apples to oranges. What project am I working on that requires the source? NTFS? if I said that you'd all be on him like vultures to release it, '

well considering that my fix to WBFS is used, I do have copyright on the code, sure it's small, but I should have say over my code, and changing the code to something simillar, does not invalidate my copyright claim.

btw, that is not speaking for everyone, that is an observation made from reading the thread here.

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
AllWiidUp said:

+1000 very very annoying, already discuss in this post.....
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Stop poluate this topic with Troll reply :
QUOTE(AllWiidUp @ Nov 9 2009, 05:07 AM)
In America, we have these things called rights, freedoms and laws. I choose to follow them, I know most of you don't, but that doesn't mean I can't make my opinion known. BTW, I just might write my own version, by why should I have to.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
AllWiidUp said:
well considering that my fix to WBFS is used, I do have copyright on the code, sure it's small, but I should have say over my code, and changing the code to something simillar, does not invalidate my copyright claim.

btw, that is not speaking for everyone, that is an observation made from reading the thread here.
Mate, if you want the source released, you probably only have two options now. Those being to either shut up, or take oggzee to court. Your demands so far have only resulted in a delay of the release of the source. Continue making demands and throwing insults and oggzee will only delay it further; he may even change his decision to ever release it at all.

oggzee has made his stance clear. He is not respecting the GPL for an application that almost certainly most users (you, me, oggzee and hopefully many others here excepted) use for piracy. If you had requested the source politely, oggzee likely would have supplied you with an early copy, and everybody else would be getting it on the weekend. The demands and threats are obviously not helping your cause here.

Hopefully this is the end of the issue.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AllWiidUp said:
In America, we have these things called rights, freedoms and laws. I choose to follow them, I know most of you don't, but that doesn't mean I can't make my opinion known. BTW, I just might write my own version, by why should I have to. Cause you're all worried he'll leave? He's got too many of you on his balls, begging, whimpering and whining to give up the fame he has right now.

i actually laughed really hard at how he is from Canada... but went on about America. unless you meant the entire two continents, in which case, you are still wrong; i'm pretty sure that not all of America is free. but back to the important part... I don't know oggzee very well but i'm pretty sure he wouldn't have taken very long to release the source if you just pm'ed him like "hey, could you release the source sometime soon, id like to see it, and maybe change some stuff. kthxbai" and oggzee, i can certainly see where you are coming from... that guy is a dick, and he complains a lot. but you might as well just release it and be done with it. besides, if he makes any useful changes you can incorporate them into your loader and it will be even better (i somehow doubt he will do anything useful). but, allwiidup, if you annoy oggzee AGAIN for the source, or sue him... i will NOT forgive you, as that would be nothing but detrimental to the project. how would you like it to apparently stop altogether like SNEEK appears to have? that only happened because crediar got pissed off. (correct me if im wrong about SNEEK, but nothing new has happened... i think.)

toss01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
toss01 said:
toss01 said:

You could try IOS222/223 if you haven't already (it fixes the spindown problem on more drives than Waninkoko's). Otherwise, find the Western Digital configuration app and change your spindown setting to something longer.

Sorry, what I meant is the games worked fine when I get into config loader... but when I'm doing something else on my wii not involving the HD it goes to sleep and then I get around to going to config loader and it just hangs as the HDD is unable to intialise. So basically config loader is crashing when the hard drive has spun down

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
toss01 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
Sorry, what I meant is the games worked fine when I get into config loader... but when I'm doing something else on my wii not involving the HD it goes to sleep and then I get around to going to config loader and it just hangs as the HDD is unable to intialise. So basically config loader is crashing when the hard drive has spun down
But the answer Clipper gave you is what you should try. It seems ios 222 has better hdd compatibility and better handles sleep mode on the drives. So just try out what Clipper suggested. Install ios 222 v4 and put this to your config.txt :
ios=222-mload
also, you will have to have the config.txt on the SD card. If that doesn't work, then I don't know what else can be done, except just turning on/off the wii and/or drive when it goes to sleep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols