Hacking Configurable USB Loader

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eteles said:
I did it! I used the program WAD Channels Updater with the USB loader GX full channel v448 and changed the .dol file to the configurable USB Loader one.

Now I have a Full channel for the configurable USB loader, and I can run everything from USB hard drive!

Don´t think I can post a link for the channel, since I modified a channel that is not mine.

Post it to the WADder forum and just give credit to whatever sources you can. Please let us know here if you can post it. Thanks.

eteles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
charroux said:
Post it to the WADder forum and just give credit to whatever sources you can. Please let us know here if you can post it. Thanks.

Hello again!

Problem solved! I just used the wads of the forwarders available for the configurable loader and injected the .dol file.

Now I have a full channel (not forwarder) for the configurable USB loader and I can share with everyone!

Posted on megaupload. If oggzee wants, he can upload to another server and make it available officially in the first post.

[EDITED]

Link with ULCF ID channels:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IWQPQ3NG

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
The easiest way to implement Favorite Game List.

1. Add an item "Favorite" in the per game option to enable/disable favorite.
2. Use Button 2 to toggle between the Full/Favorite Game List in the main menu.
3. Add an indicator (e.g. the words "Full" and "Favorite") in the main menu to indicate which game list is being displayed.

I hope that it is not too hard to implement this. I really hope to see this as the list is really helpful.

Many thanks indeed !

Thanks!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
eteles said:
Hello again!
Problem solved! I just used the wads of the forwarders available for the configurable loader and injected the .dol file.
Now I have a full channel (not forwarder) for the configurable USB loader and I can share with everyone!
Posted on megaupload. If oggzee wants, he can upload to another server and make it available officially in the first post.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=38APY8CZ

Great job!
smile.gif

I will post it to the first page, when I get a chance to test it, or, if someone else can confirm too that it works fine
wink.gif

It uses USBL id doesn't it?
Which means it will overwrite the forwarder in case it was installed?
Maybe it should use a different id, for example USBC or ULCF ...?

Narolez

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TeenTin said:

3. Add an indicator (e.g. the words "Full" and "Favorite") in the main menu to indicate which game list is being displayed.

I hope that it is not too hard to implement this. I really hope to see this as the list is really helpful.

Many thanks indeed !

Thanks!
Yes, now it's time for favorites and cover cashing for faster viewing on scrolling in gui mode ...
wink.gif

CFG Loader forever ...

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
TeenTin said:

Many thanks indeed !

Thanks!

Hey, yes this looks like an easy thing to do, and I think I will make it just like you suggested, but it will have to wait a couple of days, I'm quite busy at the moment
frown.gif

TeenTin

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
oggzee said:
TeenTin said:

Many thanks indeed !

Thanks!

Hey, yes this looks like an easy thing to do, and I think I will make it just like you suggested, but it will have to wait a couple of days, I'm quite busy at the moment
frown.gif

WOW! I can wait. Thank you very much indeed ! I am turning to this stable loader instead of the buggy GX.
gbasp.gif

eteles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
Great job!
smile.gif

I will post it to the first page, when I get a chance to test it, or, if someone else can confirm too that it works fine
wink.gif

It uses USBL id doesn't it?
Which means it will overwrite the forwarder in case it was installed?
Maybe it should use a different id, for example USBC or ULCF ...?

OK!

Just changed the unique ID to "ULCF" so it won´t overwrite the forwarder channels nor the USB loader GX channel people might have installed.
Tested with 2 Wiis. Working fine!

new link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IWQPQ3NG

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
kingtuk1 said:
Where do the full channels get the settings from?
SD?, USB? or either?

It will check SD first and if not found it will check USB.

QUOTE(GolfDude @ Jun 4 2009, 08:26 PM) so using this channel it can load the boot.dol from the HD?

No, the channel already contains boot.dol so it is installed inside wii internal memory (nand).
But the config, covers background themes and all other resources are loaded from either SD or USB.
Well, it will work even without config and resources, but it will have the default look...

The good side to using a full channel is that the SD card is not required.
The not so good side is updating, it's easier done when using a forwarder.

eteles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oggzee said:
No, the channel already contains boot.dol so it is installed inside wii internal memory (nand).
But the config, covers background themes and all other resources are loaded from either SD or USB.
Well, it will work even without config and resources, but it will have the default look...

The good side to using a full channel is that the SD card is not required.
The not so good side is updating, it's easier done when using a forwarder.

Updating this is almost as easy as using a forwarder. Just use Wad Channels Updater to update the full channel with the boot.dol from next releases!

bunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
markymark2 said:
quick question, will this write to a 1 tetrabyte drive? is there no limit to the size it will read and write to?

Yes, you can format and nearly fill a 1TB drive, the limit is not partition size, it's the number of games. The maximum is 500 games per WBFS partition.

AXYPB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
31c with my drive plugged into the one close to the edge. I've been using cIOS_rev10 since its release and haven't had any issues with it.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
AXYPB said:
31c with my drive plugged into the one close to the edge. I've been using cIOS_rev10 since its release and haven't had any issues with it.
I'm not sure what the problem is then. Try reinstalling Hermes' 222/223.

Hmm, wait a sec. Have you just been trying to use IOS249 at startup and manually selecting IOS222/223 to load the game, or did you add the ios=222-mload to the config.txt file? If you only tried one method, then try the other

mjfisher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
charroux said:
My drive now will not reinitialize when powering up the Wii, so I have to power the drive off/on for the loader to find it, even though I hear it spin down when the Wii goes off. I tried downgrading from cIOS38 rev13c back to cIOS36 rev10, but still the same issue. It happens with the latest GX loader too now. I only noticed it after the rev13c update, and it definitely wasn't always there. Anyone else still having this problem (someone posted a similar problem a few pages back)? It's quite annoying, since the power switch is at the back of the drive inside a cabinet.

Yeah I have the same problem and have tried some other loaders which work okay. ;-) Anyway, one of the other loaders I've been trying (Sorg's UniiLoader) works okay. On his page he mentions that when he starts UniiLoader it will wait for the USB drive to be ready for about 5 seconds whether there is an SD card or not. After about five seconds (I'm guessing so the HDD has some time to power up first), UniiLoader then initialises it's "real" 30 second or so wait for SD or USB. Don't know if this would work or not with Configurable USB Loader but if Ogzee's willing to code and release it - I'm willing to test
gbasp.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears