Hacking Configurable USB Loader

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
confirm with 30 release no crash is accruing and works like a charm with 222 kwiirk , with 31 beta
wink.gif
OggZee you are impressive on a daily bases buddy , when I get a chance on Monday I'll get the wad ready for you
wink.gif

xakmad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee
been using this for a few weeks and it's REALLY impressive!!!
just wanted to say Thanks, and hope you keep on developing this
have DL'ed v30 release, but havent installed it yet, totally unsure what the GUI option is...

for me, an option to show '2' users (like windows XP logon screen, but with 4 big buttons) with either no password (kids-safe one) or a 4-digit pin (like the system menu wi-fi settings) for the admin would be a much better solution than the 2 folders in "app/usbloader" and "apps/usbload-admin"... and each one has to have its own set of covers, as they are different sizes. mmmm.

The "Themes" sounded as if it was on the right lines, but it was a pictures/music only thing, instead of the safe-mode i'd hoped for.

again, keep up the good work - as PC Zone mag said, finding criticisms with the program is like sleeping with Kylie Minogue and complaining in the morning that you got a 'hair' in your mouth
blink.gif
(it still makes me laugh still, 3 years or so later)

cheers

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@BIG MOE: I agree that the disable_ options as theme options would be handy for making a "safe mode" withing the loader.

@Oggzee: I got the hide_footer=1 and confirm_start=0 to both work by moving them to the bottom of the config file, but I wasn't using themes and I was using the same order of the README-CFG.txt file, so I still don't know what combo of settings broke them.

1 more bug (maybe): power button on the WiiMote in the GUI screen is disabled. It's good for having to quickly turn off the Wii at 4AM and pretend I fell asleep on the couch when my wife comes downstairs to find me!

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
charroux said:
@BIG MOE: I agree that the disable_ options as theme options would be handy for making a "safe mode" withing the loader.

@Oggzee: I got the hide_footer=1 and confirm_start=0 to both work by moving them to the bottom of the config file, but I wasn't using themes and I was using the same order of the README-CFG.txt file, so I still don't know what combo of settings broke them.

1 more bug (maybe): power button on the WiiMote in the GUI screen is disabled. It's good for having to quickly turn off the Wii at 4AM and pretend I fell asleep on the couch when my wife comes downstairs to find me!

Ahh, I think it was the option: simple = 1 that changed your settings.
But this is intentional and documented:
smile.gif

# simple = [0], 1
# (enable/disable simple/childsafe mode)
# setting simple=1 will change all disable_xxx options and
# hide_hddinfo and hide_footer to 1 and confirm_start to 0.
# setting simple=0 will do the opposite.

ROFL @ pretend sleep on couch
biggrin.gif
rofl2.gif

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
sorry, i'm following this release from the start. gonna ask small question; can we change the font type, size,etc?.

charroux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use simple = 0, so it's still a mystery to me.
I love the way the covers move and the animation between gui/list. Very slick.
request: can the noimage.png be made to follow the same rules/pathing as background.png for theme customization?

@innercy: the font isn't changable (that I'm aware of)

wiiztec

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It finds the harddrive but when I try to load the game it gives me an error message I detailed it in the PM

Jodiskett

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi oggzee

if you have time and find this usefull :
Could you add a counter of game start ?
A gestion of Favorites ?
Save the theme choosen ?

for the rest, no i don t see all are good .

billche

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
I had a problem with the USBloader V30 and the WBFS 3.0 wish someone can point me to the right direction. Below is what had happened.

My USBLoader V30 and the WBFS 3.0 work well with my Wii. I then format another 160G HDD with 2 partitions, 1 80G with NTFS and 1 80G with WBFS (formated by WBFS3.0) and copied a lot of games into the new WBFS dirve (so far so good at this stage). This new HDD was connected to the Wii but then the USBLoader indicate HDD (indicated 1 partition with 160G)not formated, so I formated the HDD with the USBLoader, nothing bad reported.

Problem start here, when I connect this new HDD back to the PC trying to copy the game again with the WBFS 3.0, it said cannot load as error occurred. I couldn't format it with the WBFS 3.0 neither.
I reformat the HDD several times, re-partition it again and again, situation never change. Now the NTFS partition can be used under window, WBFS partition works well in USBLoader (add, delete or config game...), I just can't copy or load the WBFS partition with WBFS 3.0 via the PC.
Too long of a story ha, but would be appreciated if someone can help.

Bill

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
billche said:
Hi,
I had a problem with the USBloader V30 and the WBFS 3.0 wish someone can point me to the right direction. Below is what had happened.

My USBLoader V30 and the WBFS 3.0 work well with my Wii. I then format another 160G HDD with 2 partitions, 1 80G with NTFS and 1 80G with WBFS (formated by WBFS3.0) and copied a lot of games into the new WBFS dirve (so far so good at this stage). This new HDD was connected to the Wii but then the USBLoader indicate HDD (indicated 1 partition with 160G)not formated, so I formated the HDD with the USBLoader, nothing bad reported.

Problem start here, when I connect this new HDD back to the PC trying to copy the game again with the WBFS 3.0, it said cannot load as error occurred. I couldn't format it with the WBFS 3.0 neither.
I reformat the HDD several times, re-partition it again and again, situation never change. Now the NTFS partition can be used under window, WBFS partition works well in USBLoader (add, delete or config game...), I just can't copy or load the WBFS partition with WBFS 3.0 via the PC.
Too long of a story ha, but would be appreciated if someone can help.

Bill

Hmm, not sure, but maybe you made the partitions logical?
Or maybe you set the "dynamic" partition mode in windows?
The drive has to be in MBR partition mode and use primary partitions.
Here is a nice tool for creating partitions: http://gparted.sf.net/

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia

NEW: cfg v31a: (alpha)

http://sharebee.com/02717c0c

Changes:

- Support USB drive with a FAT partition for configuration and covers
(If config.txt is not found on SD, then uses USB FAT partition)
- Support for kwiirk and hermes cIOS 222
option: ios = [249], 222-yal, 222-mload, 223-yal, 223-mload, 250
Note: 222-yal is for kwiirk's cIOS
Note: 222-mload is for Hermes's cIOS
- Added IOS selection to options screen
- GUI Mode screenshot enabled with option: home = screenshot
- GUI: added fade transition effect from console
- option: gui_transition = [scroll], fade
Set GUI transition effect between console and gui mode
- GUI: animated transition when changing number of rows
- minor GUI fixes

Please test the new features and let me know how it works...

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Narolez said:
Again, very good work by oggzee! Thx!

Now, microphones and other usb devices are working with 223-mload!
No HDD Spin Downs anymore!

How to install 222/223 mload by Hermes:
< http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1994653 >

nice work!
oggzee, can you confirm this? no spindown issues anymore?
and how do you install the hermes 222/223? just read this but i dont understand because theres only 1 installer:
- Install IOS222 (IOS36 as default)
- Install IOS223 (IOS37 merge IOS36)
- Use USB-Port 0 for HDD
- Plug in the microphone before starting the Wii

can you also uninstall hermes 222 cios?

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know I saw this somewhere in this thread and would just like to say I too would be interested in the option of getting the cover pics from a fat32 partition. I have a small fat32 partition on my drive along with the WBFS one and have all the apps I use loading from there, including yours. Unfortunately since HBC doesn't seem to be able to find stuff on fat32 if it finds a SD card first, I normally run without the SD card. Your program runs great with the exception of not being able to find or save any of the support files. When you get a chance would love it if you could find time to remove the dependency on the SD card. Other than that I love all the great things you have done with your app.

Thanks,
~H~

PNo4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nice.

1. Can we change the color of the text in GUI mode?
2. Can we set in config.txt or theme.txt how many lines we want 3,2,1 (covers)?

Edit

Maybe phase out the console mode entirely, and have a 100% gui version?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
erolz said:
nice work!
oggzee, can you confirm this? no spindown issues anymore?
and how do you install the hermes 222/223? just read this but i dont understand because theres only 1 installer:
- Install IOS222 (IOS36 as default)
- Install IOS223 (IOS37 merge IOS36)
- Use USB-Port 0 for HDD
- Plug in the microphone before starting the Wii

can you also uninstall hermes 222 cios?

Personally I can't confirm what's the status with usb devices and hdd spindown, because
a) I don't own any additional usb devices
b) I don't have a hdd with a spindown problem
smile.gif

I just made it to work with hermes cios 222/223, now, please test it and report if it solves these issues.
I guess you can uninstall hermes cios 222 with anytitle deleter, but I haven't tried that.

HemiSync said:
I know I saw this somewhere in this thread and would just like to say I too would be interested in the option of getting the cover pics from a fat32 partition. I have a small fat32 partition on my drive along with the WBFS one and have all the apps I use loading from there, including yours. Unfortunately since HBC doesn't seem to be able to find stuff on fat32 if it finds a SD card first, I normally run without the SD card. Your program runs great with the exception of not being able to find or save any of the support files. When you get a chance would love it if you could find time to remove the dependency on the SD card. Other than that I love all the great things you have done with your app.

Thanks,
~H~

But the 31a release should address just that.
If you're able to run the app from usb/fat (afaik you need HBC 1.0.2 for that) then it should work fine with loading covers and config directly from usb/fat.
Also you can also run it from SD and still use usb/fat by removing sd:/usb-loader/ and sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt, and leave just the sd:/apps/USBLoader/boot.dol and meta.xml
Have you tried this?

QUOTE(PNo4 @ May 25 2009, 03:27 PM)
Nice.
1. Can we change the color of the text in GUI mode?
2. Can we set in config.txt or theme.txt how many lines we want 3,2,1 (covers)?
Edit
Maybe phase out the console mode entirely, and have a 100% gui version?

Maybe one day
wink.gif

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
HemiSync said:

Thanks,
~H~
But the 31a release should address just that.
If you're able to run the app from usb/fat (afaik you need HBC 1.0.2 for that) then it should work fine with loading covers and config directly from usb/fat.
Also you can also run it from SD and still use usb/fat by removing sd:/usb-loader/ and sd:/apps/USBLoader/config.txt, and leave just the sd:/apps/USBLoader/boot.dol and meta.xml
Have you tried this?
Sorry, I have always been looking at the edited post at the top of the thread for new releases and missed 31a. Grabbing it now and will be checking it out. Wow, thanks again for a great app.

Edit: Just tried it out... looks and works great! Thanks

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
HemiSync said:
Sorry, I have always been looking at the edited post at the top of the thread for new releases and missed 31a. Grabbing it now and will be checking it out. Wow, thanks again for a great app.

No problem. This is an alpha release that's why the first post is not updated.
Don't forget to copy the contents of inSDroot to your usb fat partition.
wink.gif

btw, the absolute paths on usb/fat use 'usb:' drive name example: usb:/usb-loader/config.txt

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2