Hacking Configurable USB Loader

miguelbolas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why does the cfg-mod version is slower than the cfg v70 realese when loading games.
I think the mod version must have a bug when creating save files on wii.
I say this because in the game Cabelas Big Game Hunter 2012, with cfg mod v22 the game not loaded my save i think he create a corrupt save.
I Deleted the save created with the cfg-mod22 and downgrade to cfg v70 realese and now works fine.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You must know, the loader doesnt create a save, its the game which does that. Oh and this "slower" may be because it reloads the IOS.

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
in modr26 there is a bug when using/choosing filters.
  • You can't select the last filter in the list
And also I think that there should be a "wii" filter option just as there is a "gamecube" filter.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
should consider moving your wbfs folder to the FAT32 partition, makes things simple and keeps the devs workload to a minimum when catering for single individuals

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Or just move the DML games to the NTFS partition.
tried it. did not help
should consider moving your wbfs folder to the FAT32 partition, makes things simple and keeps the devs workload to a minimum when catering for single individuals
no free space 2 partitions almost full

salnaruto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I'm having trouble trying to play gamecube games on my wii. I tried adding a game to the USB and then tried on SD, but none of them seemed to work.
Do I need to change the extension from .iso to .wbfs? or something else?

I installed v70r27and the USB is formatted in FAT32.
thanks.

salnaruto2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@AbdallahTerro- Thanks for the links. By the way, the second link is the same as the first one.

@Etheboss - Thanks.

Edit: By the way, do I need to do any changes to my wii like installing a DML WAD? or is it enough with the USB loader?

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
yes install the wad with wad manager or the elf with DML-Installer.
you can get the latter from here: http://code.google.com/p/dios-mios-lite-source-project/downloads/list
the wad is easier to install but the dml installer is more practical on the long run since DML updates come in elf forms. (needs few files on sd though) let me know if you need any help.
I can send you a PM if you need the files.
Good luck

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,

nearly a year ago I got my Wii working fine with CFG (without unplugging the drive before CFG starts).

So I thought it was time for an update so I did the online update and it fetched and installed v70r15.

Since then CFG doesn't boot but hangs again, unplugging the drive until you get the CFG logo
and plugging it back in when you see the retry counter seems to help.

BUT

I guess my issue is that there are no IOS222 or mload versions anymore from the latest build?
Also tried v70r27 and it has the same behaviour.

I did an install of that d2x v8 into 249 but that doesn't seem to help either.

Reverting back to the backup it made doesn't work either, maybe it changed something in the config?
(sometimes it seems to be searching for NTFS1 instead of FAT1)

Any ideas?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

nearly a year ago I got my Wii working fine with CFG (without unplugging the drive before CFG starts).

So I thought it was time for an update so I did the online update and it fetched and installed v70r15.

Since then CFG doesn't boot but hangs again, unplugging the drive until you get the CFG logo
and plugging it back in when you see the retry counter seems to help.

BUT

I guess my issue is that there are no IOS222 or mload versions anymore from the latest build?
Also tried v70r27 and it has the same behaviour.

I did an install of that d2x v8 into 249 but that doesn't seem to help either.

Reverting back to the backup it made doesn't work either, maybe it changed something in the config?
(sometimes it seems to be searching for NTFS1 instead of FAT1)

Any ideas?

Use the configurator to check your config.txt or just open it in notepad and check it that way. See if it says FAT or NTFS in there. Cant remember which option it is tho :)

sorex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
that's all fine.

as said in my post it works if I disconenct the usb drive and plug it back in when the CFG splash screen is gone.

I can hear the drive spin(/init) on every "retry check" in some builds.

this problem is already there since the .5x versions and the 222 version was a saviour back then but now fails aswell if the drive is connected when booting CFG.

I know the work around but it's far from ideal and I don't think my drive would like all those unplugs & replugs.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I had a similar problem with uLoader works fine with hermes v5.1 but not with newer versions.
In your case you need to try different d2x ios249 bases to see which one works
best way to get those is through ModMii download page 4. IMO base 38 or 58 might solve your issue.
Good luck

Jabe

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi!

I just tried cfg 70 MOD r27 on my cuzin's Wii and each time I load some game I have following errors:
ERROR: setting up fragments
ID mismatch:

I first thought it was coming from his hard disk but when I tried my some game on a formated USB key it was the same.

He has following IOS installed (as I can see inside CFG):
ios222 base 38 v5.1 (r655535)
ios223 base 57 v5.1 (r655535)
ios224 base 57 v5.1 (r655535)
ios249 base 58 d2x v8final (r210008)
ios250 base 57 d2x v8final (r210008)
ios251 base 57 d2x v6 (r210006)

He doesn't have DML installed and doesn't need to because he doesn't want to play GameCube games.

When I put Configurable USB Loader v70 v222 back, it's working again.

What should fix this issue?

Please let me know about it.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@Jabe you can try to install the latest d2x beta v9 into IOS slots 249 and 250 or try a base different from 58 (like 38 for instance) for ios249
get the wads using latest ModMii download page 4.
your older loader is running with ios222 base 38 v5.1 (Hermes) unsupported by new CFG loader

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: All of us lol