Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
George Dawes said:
broksonic said:
what is the benefit of using fat32. When its very easy just to use WBFS ?
The only real benefit is that you no longer need to use one of those wanky "managers". You can now just copy your isos over with whatever OS you please.
Well you can't copy .iso files. You still need to convert to .wbfs with wbfs_file or a manager that handles .wbfs

HemiSync

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
George Dawes said:
broksonic said:
what is the benefit of using fat32. When its very easy just to use WBFS ?
The only real benefit is that you no longer need to use one of those wanky "managers". You can now just copy your isos over with whatever OS you please.
Well you can't copy .iso files. You still need to convert to .wbfs with wbfs_file or a manager that handles .wbfs
Agreed you still have to modify your ISOs but when you start to run out of room on your WBFS partition it is a royal pain to reconfig its size. With a WBFS mgr you have to dump all the games off to another drive, then delete and recreate the WBFS partition with the new size and dump all the games back on. Once you have the entire drive FAT32 you are good to go until you run your entire drive out of space and then you only need to copy files normally if you were to buy a larger drive. Now my WBFS files coexist with my other homebrew apps and data files with no problems.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Oh noez another wbfs vs fat debate
ohmy.gif

For me the main point is giving a choice which allows one to find the advantages / disadvantages and select a system depending on personal preferences.

Elfish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oggzee said:
Oh noez another wbfs vs fat debate
ohmy.gif

For me the main point is giving a choice which allows one to find the advantages / disadvantages and select a system depending on personal preferences.

haha true.

jerrios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always had trouble getting wbfs to work, but fat was no problem. Plus it has the benefit of letting me throw my wads and roms on the hard drive without having to partition anything off. This allows me to keep my SD card uncluttered so I can use a 2GB regular old SD card instead of an SDHC card which I have always run into compatibility issues with.

But once again, it all comes down to personal preference. The functionality on the Wii is the same, the only difference is the management.

George Dawes

Wanker
Trophies
Website
www.indymedia.org.uk
XP
Country
Chad
EeZeEpEe said:
Did I say differently? No longer do you need to use a manager - you can simply copy your wbfs files over. You seem to just be repeating what I said (and look, you've also made me repeat it ;p ).

ewart475

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
Has anybody got Peppa Pig The Game working yet?

My baby girl loves Peppa and wants to play this game, but it just black screens for me
mad.gif

QUOTE(Wiisel @ Dec 11 2009, 03:29 PM) I also have a youngen who loves Peppa i'll check it out and post progress ASAP

Hi I also have young child shouting peppa pig i try and keep my games to one side as they get damaged to easy with the changing of games they dont know how to put them back so i use this loader all the time but i cannot for this game if anyone can help then please do THANKS
hate2.gif

Ps loader is the best

pccfatman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LxTrix said:
I'm using simple wbfs 2.5 and for some reason it randomly closes as soon as i try to open it and says it stopped working, using windows 7

I'm working on tracking down this problem. I cant seem to reproduce it so I need more information.
Has this version worked before, did the problem exist in the previous version(doubtful)
It probably has something to do with titles.txt, covers, or directory recursion
I have already identified 1 bug in the directory creation routine that will cause the app to crash when the game is not found in titles.txt and it tries to create a directory for it....I forgot to remove the trailing info from the end of the game name so the is additional bogus characters at the end of the name (oops)
That problem has been addressed and will be fixed in the next version.

I have sent a pm, I'll do my best to track it down and get a fixed version out soon

LordVolk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm new to configurations and getting consoles to do what I want, however I managed to get to the point of getting homebrew and things installed with a great GREAT deal of help from various walkthroughs on the net, however i cant get CFG usb loader to work. its v49. It loads on my wii, but it freezes at the title screen. I followed the steps on here http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 to install wanikoko's ios 249. I followed the "Updated via nintendo" part of the walkthrough in order to get things running this far. I also would like to know if portable USB thumbdrives will work as well as an HDD throguh USB. Thank you.

etrigan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LordVolk said:
Hi I'm new to configurations and getting consoles to do what I want, however I managed to get to the point of getting homebrew and things installed with a great GREAT deal of help from various walkthroughs on the net, however i cant get CFG usb loader to work. its v49. It loads on my wii, but it freezes at the title screen. I followed the steps on here http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249 to install wanikoko's ios 249. I followed the "Updated via nintendo" part of the walkthrough in order to get things running this far. I also would like to know if portable USB thumbdrives will work as well as an HDD throguh USB. Thank you.

Did you follow this also: http://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223 ??

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) take a look at this guide, make sure u've done everything in it, specifically IOS222/223 installation (which is neglected in many other older guides)
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

2) there is a usb compatibility thread here somewhere, take a look

3) it may not load because you don't have any games on your hard drive, make sure ur HD is in wbfs format or fat32 format, then use wii backup manager (search 4 it) to transfer games to either drive

LordVolk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the fast responces. I did go back to make sure, however when i try to install the hermes 222/223 it freezes when it gets to the select ios222 screen. **EDIT** I am using the GBA temp link right now to see if that helps any

LordVolk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I tried the GBA link, and the steps i followed were all th way up to the WAD manager, and i kept getting error -2011 when trying to install, any suggestions?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ewart475 said:
nikeymikey said:
Has anybody got Peppa Pig The Game working yet?

My baby girl loves Peppa and wants to play this game, but it just black screens for me
mad.gif

Wiisel said:
I also have a youngen who loves Peppa i'll check it out and post progress ASAP

Hi I also have young child shouting peppa pig i try and keep my games to one side as they get damaged to easy with the changing of games they dont know how to put them back so i use this loader all the time but i cannot for this game if anyone can help then please do THANKS
hate2.gif

Ps loader is the best
Have you tried ripping the BCA data? This will be needed on almost every game from now on. Just put the original disc in the Wii, push + to access the install menu and 1 to dump the BCA data to the SD card. Cfg will automatically detect and load the file next time you start it up.

QUOTE(LordVolk @ Dec 12 2009, 06:06 AM)
Ok I tried the GBA link, and the steps i followed were all th way up to the WAD manager, and i kept getting error -2011 when trying to install, any suggestions?
Go back to the GWHT tutorial and make sure you followed all the steps for both the IOS249 and IOS222/223 instructions correctly. The bug with it crashing at the IOS222 page you mentioned earlier typically occurs when you have neglected to remove your GameCube peripherals or have failed to follow the "Steps for All Wiis" on the IOS249 instructions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...