Hacking Configurable USB Loader

dpanter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cheers for the info guys, one more question;
Is it correct that the limits are 10 unique profiles and 64 games per profile? I get an error when trying to mark game nr 65 in any profile. If you could, and it's not a huge bother, please see if you can increase both these a bit. I'm trying to sort my rather large game collection for convenience sake and ran into this little situation.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Dr. Clipper, unless something changed and I missed I thought you couldn't run games off of and SD card.

That is what Ricarhd101 is trying to do.
Nothing's changed, you just misinterpreted the responses to the multiple people we've had trying to install games to FAT partitions on SD. You can run games off an SD card, but you must use IOS249 and you must use a card with a WBFS partition (which Richard101 said he has).

No Richard 101 said he had a wbfs folder on a FAT partition.

QUOTE(Richard101 @ Nov 17 2009, 05:07 PM)
could somebody help me i have a 8gb sd card that i have formated with the new wii backup manager so that it has a wbfs folder and can put files on the FAT partition of it so i put this usb loader on it ( config usb loader) and it wont show any of the games that i put onto my sd card can someone help me so that i can run games from my sd card and have the loader on the same sd card to be loaded from the hombrew channel if that makes sence.

From Oggzee's original release of v47a he said that the FAT support only works under CIOS 222 and reading other posts from people wanting to play games from a FAT partition on a SD card the answers have been that you can run games from a fat partition on an SD card.

Is this right or wrong?

I'm just trying to get the facts right.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helaciouscrumb said:
Nipi said:
Could someone please help me out with Configurable USB Loader in combination with Loadstructor?
I made the channels with Loadstructor, with the option of Configurable USB Loader Forwarder (WiiNinja). Installed the channels. They show up properly, but when I start the game I only get a black screen. Does this mean it doesn't forward in the right way? I have the following forwarder installed :USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-UCXF.
Thanks in advance for helping a noob out
smile.gif

Use Crap v2.2. It uses Narolez's forwarder and it works for configurable usb loader. It has the option in the loader section to use it. Works great.

where is v2.2 located at? I only see v2.1b from the Crap thread? thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
Oh yes, you're right. I did misinterpret his statement. Because he mentioned the WBFS manager doing it, I read "wbfs folder" as "wbfs partition" and continued on that misinterpretation. Thanks for pointing out my error
yay.gif

QUOTEFrom Oggzee's original release of v47a he said that the FAT support only works under CIOS 222 and reading other posts from people wanting to play games from a FAT partition on a SD card the answers have been that you can run games from a fat partition on an SD card.

Is this right or wrong?

Yeah, this is right. To clear things up further, these are the acceptable configurations:

Games on USB WBFS partition: works with either IOS249 or IOS222/223.
Games on USB FAT partition: works with IOS222/223 only.
Games on SD WBFS partition: works with IOS249 only.
Games on SD FAT partition: DOES NOT WORK.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
helaciouscrumb said:
Nipi said:
Could someone please help me out with Configurable USB Loader in combination with Loadstructor?
I made the channels with Loadstructor, with the option of Configurable USB Loader Forwarder (WiiNinja). Installed the channels. They show up properly, but when I start the game I only get a black screen. Does this mean it doesn't forward in the right way? I have the following forwarder installed :USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-UCXF.
smile.gif

Use Crap v2.2. It uses Narolez's forwarder and it works for configurable usb loader. It has the option in the loader section to use it. Works great.

pg 12, second post from bottom

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oggzee said:
Another test version with more FAT optimizations:
cfg48t2-fat.dol

This one should be on par with wbfs partition. I have benchmark-ed linear and random throughput and it matches to results with a wbfs partition. Compared to v47 this one has about 10-20% faster linear and 5x-10x faster random access throughput.
Please test it and let me know how it works. If possible compare to wbfs with ios222 and/or compared to cfg v47.

I tested it against v47 and it is much faster, especially with a forwarder channel, but it will only boot games with one wbfs file. Any game with split files it just freezes with a black screen after loading. I tested every game I have and all games booted without the split, and all games froze with a split.

montymintypie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Another test version with more FAT optimizations:
cfg48t2-fat.dol

This one should be on par with wbfs partition. I have benchmark-ed linear and random throughput and it matches to results with a wbfs partition. Compared to v47 this one has about 10-20% faster linear and 5x-10x faster random access throughput.
Please test it and let me know how it works. If possible compare to wbfs with ios222 and/or compared to cfg v47.

Ok, I've benchmarked (though not extensively) this release vs 48b-fat and 48t1-fat.

My benchmark was to open SSBB, and time how long it took for the 'loading' thing to disappear and for the screen to go black (in preparation for the intro movie).

In the first test I skipped the health screen (pressing A on GB controller) as fast as I could.
Approx 19 seconds with 48b-fat
Approx 18 seconds with 48t1-fat

In the second, I waited for the activity light on my HDD to stop flashing before I dismissed the health screen.
Approx 11 seconds with 48b-fat
Approx 10 seconds with 48t1-fat

I could not launch SSBB with 48t2-fat. I believe it may be the same problem that helaciouscrumb is experiencing.

QUOTE(helaciouscrumb @ Nov 18 2009, 11:19 AM) I tested it against v47 and it is much faster, especially with a forwarder channel, but it will only boot games with one wbfs file. Any game with split files it just freezes with a black screen after loading. I tested every game I have and all games booted without the split, and all games froze with a split.

Glad I can help with testing
biggrin.gif

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
Sacohen9665 said:
Oh yes, you're right. I did misinterpret his statement. Because he mentioned the WBFS manager doing it, I read "wbfs folder" as "wbfs partition" and continued on that misinterpretation. Thanks for pointing out my error
yay.gif

QUOTEFrom Oggzee's original release of v47a he said that the FAT support only works under CIOS 222 and reading other posts from people wanting to play games from a FAT partition on a SD card the answers have been that you can run games from a fat partition on an SD card.

Is this right or wrong?

Yeah, this is right. To clear things up further, these are the acceptable configurations:

Games on USB WBFS partition: works with either IOS249 or IOS222/223.
Games on USB FAT partition: works with IOS222/223 only.
Games on SD WBFS partition: works with IOS249 only.
Games on SD FAT partition: DOES NOT WORK.

No problem, I didn't want the wrong information floating around out there.

I must commend you guys, the work on this loader is incredible. I know Oggzee and Usptactical, do th ecoding, but you have an awful lot to do with this as well.

Thanks again.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helaciouscrumb said:
bnm81002 said:
helaciouscrumb said:
Nipi said:
smile.gif

pg 12, second post from bottom

thank you, guess "WiiCrazy" hasn't updated the 1st page yet

DarkMario616

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a post earlier about cheats with ocarina and it was ignored...either that or there's a post earlier depicting about this idea...If it's in the first post I must of glanced over it but could anybody help me out?

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkMario616 said:
I made a post earlier about cheats with ocarina and it was ignored...either that or there's a post earlier depicting about this idea...If it's in the first post I must of glanced over it but could anybody help me out?

The codes should be in the folder sd/usb-loader/codes.

werewolferx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.adamra.com
XP
Country
Mexico
oggzee said:
Elfish said:
he didnt mean installing i think. he means that isos are streamed from a network storage instead of getting the data, while running the game, off a usb hdd.
Oh! Interesting idea, but while installing would be feasible to implement as it would only require changes to the loader, this on the other hand would be much harder to do as it would require major surgery of the IOS, which i doubt anyone is willing to do, I know i am not.
Besides while i don't think the speed would be usable.. someone could install .wbfs games to fat over network using ftpii. If someone has the time, go ahead and measure the speed of that over wifi and over lan adapter and report back....

Oggze: An FTP server installed on computer side can be used, you can see how is running in WAD Manager LAN Edition 1.0, I tested and works, but, there is a hell of slowdown on computer side because the ftp library used by this program is using all resources on the PC. Windows becomes unstable, so I change my plans on testing.

I later used Serv-U FTP Server and tested speed on video streaming and file streaming and let me tell you that is really slow compared to USB hard drives, I test with a secuencial read file (video) and the highest streaming goes to 11.92MB/sec on a dedicated FTP server using the LAN adapter for Wii. USB hard disk read out goes at a minimum of 15MB/sec and up to 48MB/sec when streaming with USB 2.0 active. Now you can imagine the time that it will took if you read on random access (ages).

So, on my opinion this loader is going the right way on the Wii and network installation, running, etc. should not be used inside of it, because even if you use LAN adapter is not as fast as an external drive.

It's my opinion, hope some of the users agree too.

exodia

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi sorry if this question is stupid but does this work with dvds, i.e can it be used to played games that are backed up on dvd's? I've been using neogamma to play backups but im thinking of changing to something else..

If this does not work with dvds are there any other backup launchers that play dvds?

Thanks in advance.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
exodia said:
Hi sorry if this question is stupid but does this work with dvds, i.e can it be used to played games that are backed up on dvd's? I've been using neogamma to play backups but im thinking of changing to something else..

If this does not work with dvds are there any other backup launchers that play dvds?

Thanks in advance.
It doesn't work with DVDs, no. I'd suggest NeoGamma, but you said you want to switch to something different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol