Hacking Configurable USB Loader - read error -2

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to rip a game to my hard drive using my wii (like I've done many times). around 26% the screen fills up with "WARNING: read (#########) error (-2)#". The first time, after it gave those errors, it continued through and finished burning, but I didn't feel like it was successful,so I deleted it and tried again. The next time, it stopped around 30%. After that, I went and checked to see if I had the most recent version. I updated to v60 (from v56) and it's doing the same thing (stopped around 27%).

So basically my question is what is this read error -2, and is there anything I can do to get around it?

edit: To be concise, it looks like it was just dirty. The disk got past the bad part fine after I cleaned it up.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
claudekennilol said:
I'm trying to rip a game to my hard drive using my wii (like I've done many times). around 26% the screen fills up with "WARNING: read (#########) error (-2)#". The first time, after it gave those errors, it continued through and finished burning, but I didn't feel like it was successful,so I deleted it and tried again. The next time, it stopped around 30%. After that, I went and checked to see if I had the most recent version. I updated to v60 (from v56) and it's doing the same thing (stopped around 27%).

So basically my question is what is this read error -2, and is there anything I can do to get around it?
is the disc clean and free of scratches?

also,

QUOTEafter it gave those errors, it continued through and finished burning

what?

claudekennilol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that what the error is from? After I put in a second game to try, I did clean it off, but the second game is still ripping so I haven't tried it after I cleaned it.

"what?" yup, just what I said, on the first attempt, it continued through all the way. But I deleted it and started over since I'd never seen any of those errors before. It was only on the retries that it didn't fully complete.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Just for info, cfg loader is the only one that actually reports such errors, the other loaders will silently ignore them. At least that was the state a couple of months ago maybe things have changed now....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs