Configurable USB Loader Problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by DemonFox86, Aug 19, 2011.

Aug 19, 2011
  1. DemonFox86
    OP

Newcomer DemonFox86 Newbie

Germany
    Alright, here's the deal.
    I got my wii back after a long time, so I figured I update some of the data like cIOS and such.

Here's what I did:
    I updated the Homebrew channel to the latest version.
    I installed IOS 236 Installer V6
    I installed d2x cIOS Base 56 to Slot 248 and Base 57 to Slot 247.
    After that I updated CFG to v70 and even updated the meta.xml

I loaded up some games to see if they are working and they did.
    But after the third game or something it just stopped. The screen is freezing now for every game.
    It just stops after "Loading Wii game, please wait." And does absolutely nothing.
    I'm completely stuck, normally I would solve all the problems myself because I'm used to the homebrew scene but it seems I was out of the loop for too long.
    I really don't know what's the problem.
    I hope you guys can help me in any way.

2. DemonFox86
    OP

Newcomer DemonFox86 Newbie

Germany
    No one able to help ?
    It seemed to work randomly now.
    Another thing I noticed is, that when I start CFG and the menu music starts, the games load normally.
    But when I start CFG and there is now menu music while selecting the game, the Wii freezes when it loads the game.
    Maybe it's the SD Card. If no one else has had this problem, I'll try changing the Card.

3. Ryoku83

Member Ryoku83 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i've heard of other people having an issue like this. you should post your problem in the cfg thread someone might be able to help you.

4. arogance1

Member arogance1 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    I had the problem and reflashed my Wii using ModMii and all the recommended IOSs.
    It fixed most of the problems, only seeing it occasionally on WiiMC and on Wii Fit Plus when turning the board on while it loads

5. ironcladlou

Newcomer ironcladlou Newbie

United States
    I'm having almost the exact same issue as you. Using 4.3 firmware. Decided to upgrade to d2x, CFG 70 (from 65), etc. I get the same sporadic hangs at "Booting game..." and the music issue. At first I thought it was only happening when I launched CFG via the forwarder, but then it started happening when I went through HBC as well.

Starting to wonder if I should go back to baseline and start all over again with d2x etc.

6. Hielkenator

Member Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Do a defragmentation of your drive.