Configurable USB Loader config string (w/pic)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by windowsnt, Aug 3, 2009.

1. windowsnt
    OP

Newcomer windowsnt Newbie

Japan
    I have many 'duplicate' games that are both the japanese version and american version, depending on which of my friends I'm playing with (...here in Japan).

On some titles it's easy to tell the difference between the two titles, but some titles only have very minor changes (tiny text in katakana instead of english). As an example, can you tell which version of wiifit is shown in the image below? (It's the JAP one)

Is there a string I can use to expose the region of the game I'm hovering over?

Here's an example mockup of what I'm looking for (top = now, bottom = desired):

[​IMG]

i KNOW there are wonky ways around it (make every jap game a favorite, then sort that way, etc), but I'm looking for an actual solution, not some lame workaround.

I've checked the tutorials, but don't see it mentioned.

thanks....

2. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    you could manully rename the game using a WBFS manager and add the NTSC-J or NTSC-U to the end of the titles and delete the titles.txt so the loader doesnt use it or edit the name of the game in the titles.txt to reflect what is shown in the loader

or change what cover each region uses to distinguish them better

easy really

3. windowsnt
    OP

Japan
    again... 'looking for an actual solution, not some lame workaround'.

editing a titles.txt file every time a new game is released, or creating custom art for every package isn't as simple (or elegant) as changing a config variable from a 0 to a 1.

config variables "take care of themselves" once set. that's kind of the point.

4. pepxl

Member pepxl GFX W!Z4RD

United Kingdom
    its the only way you can do it and if its so lame try coding a new loader that does it for you ungreatful twat

god damn noobs

p.s you dont need 3 version of wii sports so obviously your pirating

5. windowsnt
    OP

Japan
    hey dipshit, i'm not asking for a new compile, i'm asking if there's a variable i haven't come across yet. it's not the

# hide_header = [0],1
    # hide_hddinfo = [0],1
    # hide_footer = [0],1

options that I found that looked like they might be what I was looking for (but weren't).

I understand it must be hard for you to understand that I may be able to read japanese as well as english (ZOMG, HE MUST BE A PIRATE), or that I have both Japanese AND english speaking friends (ZOMG, MORE THAN ONE FRIEND?!), or that I LIVE IN FUCKING JAPAN (HEAD ASPLODE).

Some of my english speaking friends here can't read japanese (but can speak the language), and I grow tired of being Mr Translator when we play something like Mario Party, and I need to read and then relay all the shit on the screen to them.

Here's another shocker: Money isn't really an issue (WAIT... THERE'S MORE JOBS THAN MOWING LAWNS? WTF), so buying two copies of a game I enjoy is a non issue.

So hey, here's an idea: fuck off if you can't answer the question.

k?

Jackass.

6. Dr. Clipper

Member Dr. Clipper GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Edit titles.txt and add that region text to every game. Or just look at the rating logo on the boxart which is different in every region.

Or, use the menu mode and look at the 4-digit code for the game, the last of which will be the region (P=PAL, E=NTSC-U, J=NTSC-J).

7. windowsnt
    OP

Japan
    ah!

The ratings box didn't even occur to me. the CERO ratings logos here in Japan are different from the ESRB in America, you can even see it in my above screenshot but I was too focused on the text of the title itself... so it wouldn't require editing any images etc.

Thanks, Dr. Clipper.