Gaming Conduit Bombs In The US

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
quepaso said:
Conduit sold too much imo, the game is the definition of worthless trash, it should have sold 10 copies total, with 9 of those returned to purchase a real game on ps3/360, and the the remaining copies printed into a land fill with E.T. for atari 2600. As it is, 70k copies is way too many sold for something so pathetically bad.

Also, if you liked this game, i feel sorry for your family.

you really are a fucking idiot.

Personally i always trust the response of someone who can actually string words together coherently to make a sentence , unlike yourself.

As you think "real" games are available on the ps3/360 why dont you go and bore someone on those forums rather than make a complete idiot out of yourself on this one.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
There's no need for any unnecessary insults in this thread, continue to do so and any "valid" points that you (may) make will be removed along with your offensive terms.

Invalidrobot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I personally didn't like the game with the boring single player, and terrible online service (no matter what, online service will always suck on the Wii).

There are plenty of better 3rd party titles already out or on the way.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
irpacynot said:
With your comment I have a different issue. First, "many games have sold [worse] before going on to be a million seller? Name three.

Second, you have to consider the production cost vs. sales. Any game from the Imagine series can sell 10k copies and still be a huge success simply because the cost to get it to retail is so cheap. However, The Conduit has been in production for a long while, and you can count on the fact that there were some heavy financial burdens attached to the creation of that game. Hell, even if they sell half a million copies (which I don't see happening within five years), they might not have recouped everything they spent on the game -- that's production, advertising, shipping, legal, and on and on.

I got a few for ya.
Call of Duty 3 and Modern Warfare. They sold awful, WaW did 44K it's first week and now like 6-7mo later (still at $50 too) it like COD3 are over 1.2M units. Another that did sheerly awful even more so, House of the Dead 2/3, it's over a million now. Lego Indy did badly at first too compared to other versions and it's a little over 1.2M too. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles did 76K in the states it's first week and now it's at 1.3M. And also Sonic and the Secret Rings (mind you I thought it sucked due to wiggle jump controls) it did a nice 50k to start and over 2M units it's at now. I think it's safe to say that things that start out like a smoldering pile of shit in sales can go forward fantastically over time. Mind you I'm sure you could maybe make the case they halfassed a budget on one or two of these or that it was a lame port (COD3) but a good sized team, and a good effort went into these and the sales were well into admirable levels as time progressed.

lollercoil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
irpacynot said:
With your comment I have a different issue. First, "many games have sold [worse] before going on to be a million seller? Name three.

Second, you have to consider the production cost vs. sales. Any game from the Imagine series can sell 10k copies and still be a huge success simply because the cost to get it to retail is so cheap. However, The Conduit has been in production for a long while, and you can count on the fact that there were some heavy financial burdens attached to the creation of that game. Hell, even if they sell half a million copies (which I don't see happening within five years), they might not have recouped everything they spent on the game -- that's production, advertising, shipping, legal, and on and on.

I got a few for ya.
Call of Duty 3 and Modern Warfare. They sold awful, WaW did 44K it's first week and now like 6-7mo later (still at $50 too) it like COD3 are over 1.2M units. Another that did sheerly awful even more so, House of the Dead 2/3, it's over a million now. Lego Indy did badly at first too compared to other versions and it's a little over 1.2M too. Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles did 76K in the states it's first week and now it's at 1.3M. And also Sonic and the Secret Rings (mind you I thought it sucked due to wiggle jump controls) it did a nice 50k to start and over 2M units it's at now. I think it's safe to say that things that start out like a smoldering pile of shit in sales can go forward fantastically over time. Mind you I'm sure you could maybe make the case they halfassed a budget on one or two of these or that it was a lame port (COD3) but a good sized team, and a good effort went into these and the sales were well into admirable levels as time progressed.

This. You all are idiots for condeming the game after only 1 week worth of sales. It is doing good, especially when you factor in the poorly written and extremely biased reviews it received from the butthurt hardcore journalists.

QUOTE(quepaso @ Jul 18 2009, 07:30 AM)
Conduit sold too much imo, the game is the definition of worthless trash, it should have sold 10 copies total, with 9 of those returned to purchase a real game on ps3/360, and the the remaining copies printed into a land fill with E.T. for atari 2600. As it is, 70k copies is way too many sold for something so pathetically bad.

Also, if you liked this game, i feel sorry for your family.

Dude, seriously learn how to troll. You're way too obvious.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say the reviews were pretty accurate on quite a few. If you don't bother doing the multiplayer(which I'm no fan of with FPS genre) the game is worth at best $30 or so, not $50. The story is mediocre, and some of the forced movements needed with the ASE get in the way too. It's not bad, better than most the Wii has, not the best though except from the visual aspect of things, but a lot of cheats do that considering how non-open the worlds were. I played it, finished it, and then used it to get Little King's Story and I don't regret it. Not a 9 or a 10 level game at all, but definitely not a 6.9 and under either.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Conduit is meh. Generic story with mediocre graphics. I don't care if it sells or not, it's not a AAA game imo.

However, you have to give it to the developers to try and do a decent FPS with the Wii's crappy hardware. It's not easy given the limitations of the platform.

I could care less though. I have my Wii for quirky, colorful, cartoony style games, which is what it excels at. If I want a AAA FPS I'll get one of the crapton available for my PS3 or 360.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...