Hacking Concerning Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Noob_On_Duty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, everyone! I've just recently softmodded my Wii, and everything has been working fantastically. I am having an issue, though.

I've been trying to back up my copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl on an external hard drive for a while now using several different methods. And I've tested the game out each time to find it works almost completely. The problem I've been having, however, is that the Masterpieces never work. I've been searching high and low for solutions and attempting to execute them—including updating my cIOS's/IOS's, using Hermes' 222/223 to install the game (since I've heard it handles dual-layered discs better than IOS 249), trying different apps (USB Loader GX, Configurable USB Loader, CleanRip, WiiFlow, etc.), and using WBFS and Wii Backup Manager, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Whenever I try to boot up any of the Masterpieces, I get kicked back to the Wii Menu screen. And everything else seems to work fine:
-I found people mentioning freezes during/after the "Congratulations!" screen after completing Classic or All-Star Mode, but the game went on just fine after I'd beaten them.
-People were also reporting crashes after the first fight in Subspace Emissary, when Kirby and Mario are brawling. They claim that there is a black screen after they've won, but I can continue on normally.
-I've also been able to play for a full two to three hours before needing a break and calling it quits; I haven't run into any random or spontaneous freezes.
So, everything else works just well; it's just the Masterpieces that are giving me a hard time. If anyone wouldn't mind giving me a hand and telling me what I'm doing wrong, or if they can give me a few, quick steps on how to properly install Brawl fully, I would greatly appreciate it. If there isn't an absolute solution, though, that's also fine. I was just hoping to have all of Brawl installed for the sake of having a complete backup.

Thanks in advance!

GrayFox786

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your rip of the game smaller than 7.92 gbs? If so, then your rip is being shrunk during the ripping process and is removing parts of the game. This is why some parts of the game are not working.

Reactions: Noob_On_Duty

Noob_On_Duty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that might actually be the case, as each backup I tried to rip measured somewhere a little over 6 GBs. I'll try to use CleanRip or any other application/program and make sure I've chosen all the steps to install the game in its entirety. Thank you for the advice, GrayFox!

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is irrelevant to your question, but since you mentioned Brawl...

I highly recommend playing the mod "Brawl Minus". It's much better than regular Brawl, and you only need a 2GB SD card.

brawlminus.net

Reactions: Noob_On_Duty

Noob_On_Duty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I''ll be sure to check it out! I've heard a handful of things about that mod and Project M, mostly being positive. Thanks for the suggestion, Smash Br0!

Noob_On_Duty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I'd stated in my first post, I wanted to have a rip of the entire game installed, for the sake of having a complete backup. I am familiar with .WADs and the emulators, though, so I'm not absolutely concerned if I can't get the Masterpieces installed, too. I was simply looking to see if anyone knew if there was a way to make sure the whole game could be ripped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn