Gaming Computer screens

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've decided to get a new computer and everything is pretty much figured out, however there is one thing remaining...and if i mess up this part then everything will sadly have been for naught xD. Well it's the computer screen. Now beeing the noob i am i have no idea what too look at or which brand i should get or whatever. Well anywho i'ma buy a pretty maxed out computer to say the least so i might aswell buy a screen to make me enjoy the gfx and shizl. So i checked around a little and i found these two; Samsung 24" LCD Syncmaster P2450H and Samsung 22" LCD Syncmaster 2233RZ. Now the first one cost about 240 dollars while the latter costs 320. What do you guys think? Which should i pick, or do you guys recomend something else instead?

The screen i'm looking for is pretty much the one that is best for games and gives me the best like depth of colour and shizl. Any help is apreciated thanks guys!

Edit: Oh and pricerange wize is maximum at about 300 xD

furbyhaterex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
Make sure you get a resolution of at least 1920x1080 for 1080p.
Read a few reviews and make sure it has good contrast and reaction times.
Make sure it has all the inputs/outputs you want.
Monitor speakers suck, so prefer one without built-in speakers.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i have been doing some reading and asking around and altough the 22 inch has 120 Hz it has only "GTG 3ms (3D) / 5ms(2D) of Response Time" while the 24 inch claims it has 2 ms but 75 Hz. Now gaming wize which do i gain more from?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the GTG standards and such are just a bunch of made up crap by the industry

go with the 120hz one
wink.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go to a store and check them both out. Both won't show up as nice/good as they will at home and both won't be the same as the panel you will take home with you so a full blown conclusion can't be done on that. As far as shape / looks go you can of course decide on ones you see in the store / online.

Personally I'd prolly go with the 24 incher, assuming the 22 inch one isn't full HD (personally have a Samsung 226CW, from a while back which I love but has the downside of not being full HD).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good