Gaming computer died (i think)

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i was playing with my uncle's computer's insides and i switched it's ram with my computers ram yesterday. Today i got a call from him (he found out
sleep.gif
) and said that is computer wasn't working, i thought it was because i might have disconnected a PSU cable. went to his house and checked out the computer, when i tried to turn it on it ran the fans very loudly and started beeping (never a good thing) Now i am worried because i had already destroyed so much of his stuff, a computer beats it all.

If someone can please figure out why it is not turning on and how i can fix it. AND I NEED IT QUICKLY PLEASE

Thank you in advance.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
The number and length of the beeps will give some indication of what's gone wrong (google Post beeps).
Also, if the beeps point to a RAM error and you're sure the module is in properly are you sure that your RAM is compatible with his system? There's more to it than just fitting in the slot.

Licardo7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sleep.gif
three beeps and yes, i was forced to change the memory back (dam it and it was 4 gigs, 800mhz each. wile mine was only 556mhz)

I reinstalled the ram again just to make sure it was properly in. that computer's ram slots seems to be SUPER tight that u almost have to slam a hammer on them to get them in. I also found out that one of those sticks of RAM was a ddr3 stick (which isn't supported by the computer's mother board)

I'm gonna test it now, wish me luck

edit: yay, it worked and i don't owe 500 bucks to my uncle
happy.gif
haazzaah
Thanks guys

moose3

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But you do owe your uncle 1 free shot, not in the balls or the face though for trying to swap out your crappy ram and steal his.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1