Gaming Computer busted

Taza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Get an Ubuntu / Knoppix / Puppy / Slax disk, run memtest86 - easiest from an Ubuntu disk, just run memory test.

The black + reboot behavior means you haven't changed the default blue screen settings and it wants to show you a blue screen.

Sounds like a RAM, OS or PSU problem - if Ubuntu runs fine from it's LiveCD, it's probably a corrupted XP install.

You can save the files from your hard drive to an external FAT32 drive with any of those, and with Ubuntu and the Knoppix DVD to a NTFS-formatted external drive too. The ntfs-3g in latest Knoppix CD is a bit old and has trouble mounting NTFS drives in read/write mode. If you didn't understand the previous sentence, you want the latest Knoppix DVD or Ubuntu / Kubuntu 8.10 LiveCD.

If the memory is at fault, memtest86 will report it easy enough. If it's the PSU, Linux will likely reboot randomly too.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like some sort of harware issue if you can actually boot and use windows (just not log in). wither hardware cooling ftl (for the lose not faster than light MASS EFFECT!!!) or virus?

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh... hope you fix your computer!
i don't really mind delay's at all...
i can't play my DSL anyways because I took it apart and threw away old shell... waiting for the replacement shell!
ahahaha ;]
thanks in advance for taking your time to try to make a skin for me! ;]

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
By reading the thread title "computer busted" I instantly thought of the feds. Maybe I'm becoming more and more paranoid as my piracy is carried out. Maybe I should stop. GBAtemp is not a good ailment to piracy addiction
closedeyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Both of mine are i5's lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry:
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    DNDBD (DND×DBD) IS A REAL THING
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt have school today
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon