Hardware Component cable problem with recent TV

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Hello guys, I have a problem that I could use some advice.

I got a Samsung JU7500 TV for a few months now, and I wanted to try and plug my PS1 on it.
The TV comes with some sort of adapter for the TV since it doesn't have the 3 composite slots nor scart. It's exactly like the one on the picture I uploaded, but Yellow White Red instead.
I need to connect all 3 into the adapter and then connect it to a certain slot on the TV which says composite.
No problems, everything works fine. I can play PS1 and PS2 on composite that way just fine.

Now under the composite one, I also have a slot for the component cable.
The real problem is, how do I actually use component cables for this ? The component cables for PS2/PS3 use 5 different cables, but as u can see in the picture, the adapter only allows for 3 of them. (Red Blue Green). So how am I supposed to connect my consoles through component on this TV ? Any suggestions ?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Sem Título.png
    Sem Título.png
    290.6 KB · Views: 259

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Match the colors. Component has red, green, and blue wires. Audio plugs in separately from that adapter. It seems component or composite uses the same audio input, you may want a switch box to simplify things.

Keep in mind original PS1 hardware doesn't output component. But PS2 and PS3 will run PS1 games on component.

While a PS2 is more cost effective, it's possible to get basically the same results from a PS1 by using an external box to encode SCART style RGB into component.

Last edited by Lumstar,

SparrowPT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Yes the objective is using a component cable on my PS2. Even if i get a cable and match the colors, won't I end up without audio since I can't plug in the 2 audio ones ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up