Homebrew Complicated Stuff about Repairs

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is like a man past his prime, feeling all the weariness and stuff while still being able to do things. My game card slot broke, circle pad is funky, some of the buttons don't work, and the LED malfunctions by never telling me when it's dying. I had the idea that I could transfer all of my stuff from my hacked n3DS to my friend's by using DSiware injection, send my 3DS to Ninty after removing the homebrew and then reverse the process. But the question is, can I do it, does Ninty charge me, and how will I do it?

TL;DR Transfer stuff to n3DS for repairs

D

Deleted User

My 3DS is like a man past his prime, feeling all the weariness and stuff while still being able to do things. My game card slot broke, circle pad is funky, some of the buttons don't work, and the LED malfunctions by never telling me when it's dying. I had the idea that I could transfer all of my stuff from my hacked n3DS to my friend's by using DSiware injection, send my 3DS to Ninty after removing the homebrew and then reverse the process. But the question is, can I do it, does Ninty charge me, and how will I do it?

They will only charge you if the system is out of warrenty

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you buy a n2dsxl, you can easily and cheaply transfer cfw to it. You could also theoretically transfer to an o3ds or o2ds by backing up your nand and decrypting it with your otp.bjn, but the o3ds would have to be on a firmware less than 11.4, or you would need a 20 dollar flashcart to install cfw on it.

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just throwing this out there. I could fix it if you are interested, I do a lot of microsoldering and I like taking on new projects. would be as easy as buying a cheap broken unit and harvesting parts, would probably cost you around $100.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shit I didnt even see the n3ds part.. broski - hit up amazon or ebay, search for "3ds sideboard" thats your button board. joystick can be ordered just the same. would cost YOU about $30 and the work would be VERY easy to do yourself. I believe that board powers the light indicator too

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joystick - $6.69
ebay dot com/itm/2015-New-Version-Nintendo-3DS-XL-LL-Joystick-Flex-Cable-N3DSXL/221800238426?hash=item33a4530d5a:g:ZhQAAOSweW5VfCHG:sc:USPSFirstClass!83709!US!-1

Button Board - $12.99
amazon dot com/2015-New-Version-Nintendo-3DS-XL/dp/B01CZA58AO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511145296&sr=8-1&keywords=3ds+button+board

Total Cost - $19.68

Tools needed?
I recommend a Wiha PH00 x 40 (my favorite), I cant seem to find a single listing, but here is a set for $22.48 (any small screwdriver will do, im just anal)
ebay dot com/itm/Wiha-26197-Precision-Slotted-Phillips-Screwdriver-Set-7-Piece/253218082361?epid=739664513&hash=item3af4f94e39:g:730AAOSwc6pZ6iOl

Instead of plastic spudgers, I use this holy tool $6.40 (these are hard to find. the one I linked was genuine, other ones suck)
ebay dot com/itm/iSesamo-Genuine-spudger-repair-opening-pry-tool-for-Apple-iPod-iPhone-iPad/131842596617?hash=item1eb26e5f09:g:dKgAAOSwvg9XWHZK

teardown
ifixit dot com/Teardown/Nintendo+3DS+XL+2015+Teardown/36346

just do it yourself!!!! so easy on a n3DS!!!!!!!

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just buy a n2DS for my brother and eventually either repair mine or get it repaired. Don't want to replace it since it has a skin on it but if I have to, oh well.

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a n3DS repair would only take you about 45 minutes... you would only have to take off the back piece of plastic, then remove 6 screws to take out the bad parts..... it would be really hard to break anything..... lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: