Complicated Pokemon Transfer Puzzle...Need Help

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by AceValence, Mar 22, 2014.

1. AceValence
    OP

AceValence Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2014
    United States
    Hello, GBATEMP.

I need some help with migrating Pokemon from GBA all the way, possibly, to 3DS (X/Y) or at least to D/P/P on DS Lite. So, I would like to migrate some Pokemon from a FireRed ROM (.gba) first to my Pokemon Pearl (legitimate). Then, would I be able to transfer the Pokemon to Black and then X/Y?

My equipment:
    Laptop
    MicroSD to SD adapter
    2x Nintendo DS Lite
    2x Nintendo GBA SP (with links)
    1x 3DS

I do have a couple guesses how to do this:

1. Using only one of these: http://www.r4-usa.com/products/R4-SDHC-for-NDS-and-NDS-Lite.html
    place the FireRed ROM into the Slot-2 Folder and a Pearl ROM into the Slot-1 Folder and migrate. (Can you do that?) and then trading from a DS with the R4 Pearl ROM to another with the legitimate Pearl.

2. Use 2x GBA SP, one with a cart with my FireRed ROM to trade the Pokemon to an SP with a REAL FireRed (which I would have to buy) and then migrate from the legit FireRed to the legit Pearl like normal

Please be specific with what equipment I may need for this process, and thank you!

2. lampdemon

lampdemon GBAtemp Regular

Oct 28, 2013
    Canada
    Where the land sea lions live.
    Use Desmume (wifi version?) to migrate the gba pokemon to a D/P rom, then trade them to your actual DS, from there migrate them to B/W through IR and so on...

3. AceValence
    OP

AceValence Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2014
    United States
    Thank you for the quick reply! :) So by trade them to your actual DS, do you mean from Desmume to DS with R4 and then to DS with Pearl, or do you mean Desmume directly to legit Pearl DS?

Also, if I use an R4DS in combination with an EZ Flash 3 in 1 can I migrate pokemon "normally?"

4. lampdemon

Oct 28, 2013
    Canada
    I meant from desmume directly to legit Pearl, there's no point in doing an extra step by trading to R4.

I don't know much about flashcarts so I can't answer your other question.

5. AceValence
    OP

AceValence Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2014
    United States
    Thank you, and sorry for replying late. So apparently you can trade directly from your DESMUNE Emulator on your PC to your DS? Does this require home wifi (which I dont have) which is compatible with Nintendo DS, and how do you do this? Also, by trading to R4 i meant using an emulator to migrate my emerald/firered pokemon to a 4th gen ROM, and then putting that rom into a flash cart and then trading it to my retail Pearl on another DS.

6. lampdemon

Oct 28, 2013
    Canada
    If you want to trade from the emulator to your real DS, you will need a router and your PC plugged into it, it won't work with wi-fi. Also, check desmume forums if you want to try it this way, they have guides and threads dedicated to this.

If you can transfer the save file too, then this seems like the best option.