1. vgplayer54

OP vgplayer54 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hello everyone,
    I am currently on an unpatched switch and upgraded to firmware 11.0.1 without realizing the most recent version of SX OS doesn't support it yet. With the uncertainty of xecuter as it is and the wait times, I've decided to convert to Atmosphere completely.
    My question is - how do I go about that in the easiest manner? I have no idea what sigpatches are, all my games are on my SD Card as XCI files, what becomes of all my game updates/DLC? Would I have to reinstall them all again?

Also, because SX OS can boot payloads, could I use the main SX OS menu to boot Atmosphere?

MassStash likes this.
  2. Duppex

Duppex GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  3. vgplayer54

Canada
    I was reading this guide but it appears to be to set up Atmosphere from scratch...no mention of dual booting CFWs... How did you set that up? And what advantages are there to doing that?

4. Duppex

Duppex GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    At the bottom of the guide you can select which method, atmosphere by itself or dual boot with SX OS.

No real benefits but I prefer to use SX OS, as I paid for the Pro version. I find it to be more stable lot less crashing in games.

Also I like the cheat mod menu.

But it's nice to also have atmosphere as an back up.

Last edited by Duppex, Dec 30, 2020
  5. vgplayer54

Canada
    Hmm... Didn't even see that option in the guide, thanks! One last question... As atmosphere cannot read xci files, if I install all games as nsps, will it be playable by both sx os and atmosphere? And therefore no need to have the same game twice?

6. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Yes although you could also just install the games as .XCI files if you already have them so you don't need to redownload those games as .NSP files.

7. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT The One and Only

Argentina
    You can install XCI games when on Atmos. What you can't do is play them without install them using an external HDD.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Completely, Atmosphere, convert