Hacking Completely Bricked Wii?

aetherdrix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my Wii a couple weeks ago and it has been working without any noticeable problems, so my friend decided to get a wiikey also mod it. I sent him the video guide to take apart the Wii and told him only to follow until the drive is out, but it seems like he forgot and took apart almost everything before realizing it. Eventually he put it back together and installed the chip. There wasn't any apparent issues I saw with the installation when he brought it over, but his Wii refused to boot.

When he turns it on, there is a blip on the screen but it continues to stay black (no sound or picture). It accepts and ejects discs normally, and the LEDs seem normal. Is this something caused by a bridged connection or a broken fuse/resistor from the soldering, or could he have messed up something on the motherboard, and how do I find out exactly what the problem is and how to fix it?

I forgot to mention that I took out the wiikey completely to see if it would help, but it still does the same thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-