Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just acquired the full Xecuter set to perform the RGH on a 2008 phat. I have the Nand-X (including cables to upgrade via CK3 and program the coolrunner) and the coolrunner itself (also the QSB I believe).

Is there a complete tutorial out there similar to the J-tag ones from a few months ago? I see all kinds of things ranging from programming the coolrunner, updating the Nand-X, different diagrams for soldering etc. and it's confusing as hell.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're welcome.

Be sure that if you install the wires on the 360 that you would not let them go near the inductors.
I have them a little to close so it sometimes hangs upon booting.

Assuming you have a Falcon revision be sure to pump up the fans to 75% or 80% when you have FSD installed.

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
Thanks for posting this. I just started looking into the RGH and I ordered a Coolrunner/Nand-X pack. I found guides to the different parts but nothing that listed out the whole process from start to finish. I'm just surprised that that thread isn't stickied on their forum. I missed it the past few days that I've been looking for information on the install.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also searched for a more complete tutorial when I RGH'd my Falcon 360.
It was somewhat different from what the tut was when I followed it but it's the same principal.

Forgot to add.
Don't under estimate the soldering
I'm fairly good at soldering and even this was quite a challenge to me.
Just be patient and cautious.

Just be sure that if you have installed the wires correctly and have them away from the inductors (Phat 360) that you grab a hot glue gun and plonk down a dab of glue to keep the wires secured.

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ARGH! I can't get the NAND-X to update, always getting the autobaud error when it tries to connect. Tried two configurations, both W7 64bit. I'll try it on an older XP rig to see if it works on that... Is updating to V3 important enough to keep trying or am I just as well off with the stock Nandpro?

You're welcome.

Be sure that if you install the wires on the 360 that you would not let them go near the inductors.
I have them a little to close so it sometimes hangs upon booting.

Assuming you have a Falcon revision be sure to pump up the fans to 75% or 80% when you have FSD installed.
Hmm, does the 360 run much hotter after this? Might invest in some more cooling then

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You'll need Nandpro v3 to program the Coolrunner TX.

Maybe setting the Oscillator to 14.745 can solve it?
Make sure you have selected LPC2148 and the baudrate is 9600.

If that doesn't work try it in a x86 enviroment.

Yes it does run hotter.
My Falcon GPU is idling around ~50 and the RAM around ~55 whilst the CPU is 40-45 ish.
Still stock cooling but I did yank it up to 75%

One tip is to purchase some heatsinks for the RAM chips and the HANA and Southbridge chips.
If you have a Zephyr/Falcon style GPU heatsink, mount a little 40 mm fan on the 2nd heatsink and let it run at ~5V

I'm still trying to find ways to improve cooling on the 360 and let it as stock as possible ;p

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Dinoh, I've tried it on a 32-bit XP PC and still nothing. Same error. I've tried every possible solution mentioned on Xecuter boards. on/off quick succession, different baudrates/oscillator etc. etc.

I'm using an older CK3 pro (non-rev D)

Any ideas? I hope I didn't get a dud :/

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Iirc you must solder on a small wire if you had a D model or not.

Can't recall it correctly tho.

I could update your NAND-X for you if you want to, since I got a CK3i.

RandomOddness

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only the Rev. D model needed the wire, but it's safe to solder the wire onto the non-D rev. to make sure that's not the problem, Sc4rFac3d have you checked the ck3 to nand-x wiring? There was a bad batch with the wires incorrectly installed so that's another possibility.

Sc4rFac3d

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only the Rev. D model needed the wire, but it's safe to solder the wire onto the non-D rev. to make sure that's not the problem, Sc4rFac3d have you checked the ck3 to nand-x wiring? There was a bad batch with the wires incorrectly installed so that's another possibility.
Thanks Random, I checked that, yes! But it wasn't that either

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves