RodPN

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
metamaster said:
Depends on your firmware. If you're on 4.1, yes. If you're on 4.2.1, the jailbreak will be tethered and you'll have to use redsn0w, not greenpois0n (tethered as in you need to plug in your iPod in a computer and rejailbreak every time you want to turn it on)
That's temporary until a new version of the software is released, right?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're tethered on 4.2 and want to untether with the new program that's on it's way, you'll apparently have to restore. (I saw that on one of the developers' twitter)

heman110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have an Ipod 3G 32GB, can this one jailbreaked untethered cause i red different things. Oh its on 3.1.3

Anyone know?

blink.gif

heman110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx Dialexio, so according to this list http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Firmware ipod touch 3G 32GB can be jailbreaked untethered up to including ios 4.1 is that right, so if i reboot i dont need a pc?

What is the firmware i should use, do i have disadvantages if i stay on 3.1.3 newer games dont work e.g.??? Recommended firmware for 3G?

I red so much but its confusing since so many sites write different things as the original wikipedia write 3G cannt be jailbreaked untethered just tethered as they are mc models and 2G and 4G now is untethered. And that around christmas greenpoison will release untethered jb for ipod 3g?

thanks
wacko.gif

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ I tried the unlock and it didn't ask me for the iPad's firmware. I think redsn0w is just downloading the baseband, so you can let it finish.

@heman110: You should go to 4.1 because your iPod model is more powerful and can support all the features of 4.0 without any lag (including newer more demanding games). The things you hear with MB and MC models don't apply to you, only to people with 2g iPod touches (MB) and those with 3g 8gb iPod touches (MC). Your exact iPod model is tethered on 4.2.1, but it's untethered on 4.1. I think Apple is still signing 4.1 SHSH blobs, which means you can update straight to 4.1 through iTunes. There are two methods that are being worked on to untether all models on 4.2: one that uses 4.2b3 SHSH blobs (and uses no exploit) and one with an all new exploit that is being developped by Comex. He says it should come out by Christmas, but it won't necessarily be Greenpois0n.
Also, tethered means that you have to rejailbreak your iPod everytime you turn it off, otherwise you just get stuck at the Apple logo.

Edit: I think that if Apple is still signing 4.1 SHSH blobs (not sure), you have to save them with Tiny Umbrella and use it in conjunction with iTunes to update.

Edit 2: Apparently, Apple is only signing 4.1 updates on 2g iPod touches and 3g iPhones. So unless you want a tethered jailbreak, I suggest you wait until a new jailbreak is released and stay on 3.1.3 for now.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ok I'll try that. One more question...
smile.gif
I've first activated the phone with AT&T's SIM card. Then I did the jailbreak with redsn0w (not sure if it hacktivated since the phone was already activated). Will it be ok to now unlock with redsn0w? Or might it brick?
unsure.gif

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
bowser said:
Ok I'll try that. One more question...
smile.gif
I've first activated the phone with AT&T's SIM card. Then I did the jailbreak with redsn0w (not sure if it hacktivated since the phone was already activated). Will it be ok to now unlock with redsn0w? Or might it brick?
unsure.gif
unlikely it will brick. just double check your baseband and see if its unlockable with ultrasn0w

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was in the exact same situation as you (aside from the carrier) and didn't get a brick. You shouldn't get one either.

heman110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you metamaster
bow.gif
! I used tinyumbrella just out of curiosity as it is in the howto on the first page, i got SHSHs for 3G 4.1 still today! Can i then update to 4.1 as u recommended?

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No problem
wink.gif

And yes you can update. Press the start TSS server in Tiny Umbrella, open iTunes and shift-click update. From there, you have to select the 4.1 ipsw which you must have downloaded before (google it). After that, you can jailbreak your iPod with Greenpois0n or Limera1n.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys.
I am working on another video for the guide.
Just thought I would let you all know.
I think our redsn0w video is out of date I'm just really bored basically.

So, YEAH!

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
metamaster said:
Try and add in the new unlock method.

I don't have an iPhone that needs unlocking.
Also, I don't have my own iPhone, I have access to my sisters. But they won't let me use it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and the morning cuz school