Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The guide's SHSH section has been mostly converted to a TinyUmbrella guide. Please take a look at it, regardless of whether you're thinking of jailbreaking or not (and as always, report any mistakes I might've made)!

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
alidsl said:
Have you updated tinyumbrella for the new ui?
Yup, the guide was made for TinyUmbrella's new UI.
smile.gif

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird.... Itunes recognizes when my ipod goes into Recovery mode, but greenpois0n does not. I think I'll give limera1n a shot.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
hvsep said:
weird.... itunes recognizes when my ipod goes into recovery mode, but greenpois0n does not. i think i'll give limera1n a shot.
You need to follow greenpois0n's instructions to put your iPod into DFU Mode. Start up the application, and click the button for a walkthrough on entering DFU Mode. You will know if the device is in DFU Mode because the screen will be completely off, and greenpois0n will let you proceed with jailbreaking your iPod.

If you see the image below, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU Mode. You can try again by holding down the Sleep and Home buttons for 10 seconds, then release the Sleep button. (Keep holding home until your computer recognizes your iPod as "Apple Mobile Device (DFU Mode).")
ht1808_03.png

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Shaun!
smile.gif

The guide has also been updated with instructions on kicking out of Recovery Mode post-downgrading. I've also included the iPod touch 2G in greenpois0n's list of supported devices.
biggrin.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks metamaster!
happy.gif

The guide was also updated to cover the Mac OS X version of greenpois0n better, which has a slightly different UI and set of steps.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Awesome guide Dialexio! I just got a new iPhone 3gs and I've been searching for a guide to make sense of all the different ios, jailbreaks, unlocks, etc. floating around out there. I'm a regular on gbatemp in the wii section but i didn't think to look in this section
tongue.gif

I've read on some other sites that for some people limera1n works only if iTunes is open. If this is true, can you add it to your guide?

Chaotix1p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently uploading a demo of the greenpois0n jailbreak. Be warned it's silent, I'm not in the best of conditions lately and I thought it maybe a good idea (coughing badly throughout)

Video uploaded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0TiKlh-8_I

remember its silent - but i've requested an audio swap for some background sound

The audio swap seems to have been completed, so its not completely silent

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
bowser said:
Awesome guide Dialexio! I just got a new iPhone 3gs and I've been searching for a guide to make sense of all the different ios, jailbreaks, unlocks, etc. floating around out there. I'm a regular on gbatemp in the wii section but i didn't think to look in this section
tongue.gif

I've read on some other sites that for some people limera1n works only if iTunes is open. If this is true, can you add it to your guide?

Yeah, Because Dialexio is the only writer of the guide
rolleyes.gif

I did as much work on the jailbreak part as he did.

We're a team.

But anyway, I am glad you jailbroke your iPhone
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k