Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
ok, im just trying to jailbreak my iphone 3gs. i have IOS 3.1.2. and itunes is asking me to update to IOS 5.1.1. should i updare or stay at IOS 3.1.2. for jailbreaking it? i'm new to this and kind of lost :blink:

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ok, im just trying to jailbreak my iphone 3gs. i have IOS 3.1.2. and itunes is asking me to update to IOS 5.1.1. should i updare or stay at IOS 3.1.2. for jailbreaking it? i'm new to this and kind of lost :blink:
iOS 5.1.1 can be jailbroken untethered. Check the first post for all the info.

So yeah, you can update to 5.1.1.
Use absinthe to jailbreak after that.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can jailbreak on either 3.1.2 by using Spirit or update to 5.1.1 and jailbreak with redsn0w or absinthe 2.0.
Note also that Apple is also signing the 4.1 firmware for the iPhone 3GS (for some reason that no one is sure about), so if you wanted, you could update to 4.1 and jailbreak using redsn0w or greenpo1son.

What firmware you choose is totally up to you. iOS 4 introduces folders, Game Center, and multitasking, while iOS 5 introduces Notification Center and Newsstand. Each successive firmware is more CPU-intensive than the last, but they should all theoretically run perfectly on a 3GS. You should probably update to 5.1.1. You should also save your SHSH blobs by using TinyUmbrella.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
New iOS juice

New iPod Touch
- Likely to have 4" screen
- A5 chip
- New Nano and iTunes versions are also on the way

New iPhone
- Confirmed as iPhone 5 by Apple themselves (via apple.com search engine)
- Will have Qualcomm's LTE chips
- Very likely to have a quad core A6 chip
- Hynix memory

http://thenextweb.com/apple/2012/09/12/apple-confirms-iphone-5-will-support-lte-networks/

http://www.cultofmac.com/189974/iphone-5s-logic-board-shows-a6-processor-lte-chips/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
12/9/12 Apple Special Event roundup

iPod Nano
- 2.5" multitouch screen (240 x 432px, 202ppi)
- 5.4mm thick
- 7 colors
- Radio antenna built-in, Lightning connector and new EarPods
- 16GB, $149

iPod Touch
- 4" Retina Display (640 x 1136px, 326ppi)
- 5MP iSight Camera with Sapphire lenses. f/2.4 aperture. Panorama.
- Dual Core A5 chip (likely 800 MHz)
- New EarPods + The Loop + Lightning
- Siri
- Enhanced Wi-Fi (a/b/g/n, 5 GHz) + BT 4.0 LP
- 6mm thick, 88 grams
- 5 colors
- Starting at $299 (32GB)
- iPod Touch 4 still on sale. Now in 16GB too. $199/$249 depending on memory

iPhone 5
- Same Retina Display and Enhanced Wi-Fi as iPod Touch 5
- Made of glass and aluminum on the exterior
- All new A6 chip (likely dual core A15 with quad core GPU) which is up to 2X A5 performance
- Ultrafast Wireless: DC-HSDPA 3G and 4G LTE which works in various countries and carriers
- Lightning + EarPods + Redefined Speakers + 3rd mic
- 8MP iSight camera with Sapphire lenses. f/2.4 aperture. Panorama.
- Black Slate or White Silver
- 7.6mm thick, 112 grams.
- From $199 in the US (two year contract)

Others
- iPhone 4S 16GB $99
- iPhone 4 is free
- iPhone 3GS is dropped
- iOS 6 hits Sept 19
- Panorama is also coming to iPhone 4S

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You forgot to mention that the iPod touch 4G is still alive, with tweaked prices and storage configuration: $199 USD for 16 GB, or $249 USD for 32 GB. ;)

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Apparently, the next "big thing" in the iPhone 5 is actually the A6 chip.

Anandtech now reveals, however, that the A6 is a custom Apple design:
The A6 is the first Apple SoC to use its own ARMv7 based processor design. The CPU core(s) aren't based on a vanilla A9 or A15 design from ARM IP, but instead are something of Apple's own creation.

Anandtech explains that Apple is one of a few ARM architecture licensees, which allows them to create their own custom ARM processor designs.

It doesnt use A9 or A15, it's self designed.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As iOS 6 is public now, everyone should save their SHSH blobs and APTicket for 5.1.1 with TinyUmbrella while Apple is still signing them. Time is extremely limited.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should be, but here's a quick run-down of SHSH and the various problems with iOS5:
- If you have an A4 device (iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4G, iPad 1) or an iPhone 3GS, you will be able to use your SHSHs to restore your iDevice to any firmware for which you have the SHSHs saved. This is because these devices are all vulnerable to the limera1n exploit, a bootrom-level exploit that cannot be patched via a software revision. [NOTE: The iPad 1 will always be able to be restores to 5.1.1 because that is its last supported firmware. Apple will always be signing tickets for the 5.1.1 firmware for the iPad 1]
- If you have an iPad 2 with any 4.X and 5.X SHSHs saved, you will be able to restore your iPad 2 to any of those firmwares that you have the SHSHs saved for. For 5.X firmwares, you require both a 4.X SHSH and the 5.X SHSH for the firmware you wish to restore to. If you wish to restore to a 4.X firmware, you only need the 4.X firmware.
- If you have an iPhone 4S, iPad 3, or iPad 2, if you have the SHSHs saved for the firmware version you are CURRENTLY RUNNING, you will be able to restore to ONLY THAT firmware using saved SHSHs for that firmware. For example, if you're running 5.0.1 and you have the SHSHs for 5.0.1 saved, you will be able to restore to 5.0.1 should any jailbreak tweak mess up your device, however, if you're running on 5.1.1 and only have the 5.0.1 SHSHs saved, you WILL NOT be able to restore your device to either 5.0.1 or 5.1.1 once Apple stops signing the 5.1.1 firmware. If you are on iOS 6, you will not be able to resotre back to iOS 5.X (barring the previously mentioned iPad 2 scenario).

In light of this information, I urge everyone to update their devices to 5.1.1 and save their SHSH blobs immediately. Unless you know you are safe on the firmware you have, you NEED to do something, or else you may be forced to restore to iOS 6 and render your device UNJAILBREAKABLE.

This information might actually warrant its own topic, to be honest. If anyone feels it necessary to make one (or add it to the first page of this topic), you have my full permission to use any information from this post.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You can now jailbreak (tethered) your A4 devices on iOS 6 with Redsnow!

http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-ios-6-iphone-and-ipod-touch-a4-based-only-using-redsn0w-tutorial/

Also another heads up,

iPhone 5 GSM model (A1428)

Compatible with LTE 4 and 17
North America (AT&T, Telus, Rogers, Bell, Fido, Koodo)

Not compatible with CDMA carriers. 3G GSM world ready.

iPhone 5 GSM model (A1429)

Compatible with LTE 1, 3 and 5:
Japan (SoftBank), Korea (SKT, KT), Hong Kong (SmarTone), Singapore (M1, SingTel), Australia (Telstra, Optus, Virgin), Germany (Deutsche Telekom) and UK (EE)

Not compatible with CDMA carriers. 3G GSM world ready.

iPhone 5 CDMA model (A1429)

Compatible with LTE 1, 3, 5, 13, 25:
Japan (KDDI), North America (Verizon, Sprint)

This model is 3G world ready on all GSM and CDMA networks.

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The iPad 3 or "the new iPad" has been on the market for half a year, now. If you're talking about the rumored iPad Mini, it's speculated that Apple will unveil it at a conference next month.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It has been confirmed that Verizon iPhone 5 models are 3G unlocked.

The A6 chip has a clock rate of 800 MHz - 1.25 GHz depending on strain (on average 1GHz, which is 200MHz faster than previous gen). It also has Tri Core graphics processing. On average it is up to 2.2 X faster than the iPhone 4S.

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The iPad 3 or "the new iPad" has been on the market for half a year, now. If you're talking about the rumored iPad Mini, it's speculated that Apple will unveil it at a conference next month.
If you ask me, it'd make more sense to announce an "iPad mini" alongside a regular iPad update, which would happen in March.

But really, we've been hearing rumors about an "iPad mini" for like, what… a year already? I'm not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't have your hopes too high.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
You make it sound like the iPad Mini is not happening.

I've heard enough about it from some reliable sources (read, websites that I trust) to be convinced that it's happening. The only thing is, with my iPad 2, I don't care. Small tablets aren't for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv