Apple Complete iOS Jailbreak Guide

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So iREB refuses to work for me, getting an exception pop up, I'll go post it on their site, but I'll post it here too:

P.S. From what I got of that guide I didn't need iREB, I just followed the DFU guide on sn0wbreeze and it would do everyhting right? I did that, when it said it's fine now to do custom firmware I did it in iTunes, I'm on 4.1, but I don't see Cydia anywhere on my Phone so I'm pretty sure I fucked up somehow.

Alternatively, does it save the IPSW somewhere funky instead of where my original was? I didn't notice a new one around and clicked the first thinking it updates that one directly, am I wrong?

Son of a bitch it's on my desktop, just found it through another guide.

Might wanna add that
smile.gif

P.P.S. After fucking up the first time, now whenever I go ahead and try and use snowbreeze ipsw I get error 21, it shouldn't be an error on iTunes side since the first one worked fine. Not sure what to do from here.

P.P.P.S. Wouldn't work with 4.1 and the one you have listed, got it from their site and upgraded to 4.2.1, working like a charm.

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got an Iphone 3GS because there was a deal for it at the price of $49.99. I was just wondering, is it was safe or even possible to jailbreak it with greenpois0n rc6?
It's on iOS 4.2.1 (8C148a) ; Model: MC640LL

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
grog.gif

Dialexio

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
The Viztard said:
I just recently got an Iphone 3GS because there was a deal for it at the price of $49.99. I was just wondering, is it was safe or even possible to jailbreak it with greenpois0n rc6?

grog.gif
As metamaster said, you can jailbreak it with no problem. Just remember to save your SHSHs!
smile.gif

As for unlocking it (if desired, though I doubt it as you have a contract with AT&T now), you'll have to upgrade the baseband to 6.15.00 (iPad baseband).

The Viztard

Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
^ It's safe. Although I'm not sure if you can unlock.

Dialexio said:
QUOTE(The Viztard @ Feb 26 2011, 07:10 PM) I just recently got an Iphone 3GS because there was a deal for it at the price of $49.99. I was just wondering, is it was safe or even possible to jailbreak it with greenpois0n rc6?

grog.gif
As metamaster said, you can jailbreak it with no problem. Just remember to save your SHSHs!
smile.gif

As for unlocking it (if desired, though I doubt it as you have a contract with AT&T now), you'll have to upgrade the baseband to 6.15.00 (iPad baseband).
Alright, thanks guys! And as for unlocking, I don't think I want to/will need to. As for backing up my SHSH's I can just use Tiny Umbrella right?

Thanks again! =]

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a little problem, I jailbroke a 2g MC iPod touch with Greenpois0n, and opened Loader. The problem is that when it started to install Cydia, it got interrupted by a notification that said there isn't a lot of space left on the device. Now I have a half installed Cydia that crashes when I open it, and Loader which thinks I installed Cydia...
Any ideas?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
metamaster said:
I have a little problem, I jailbroke a 2g MC iPod touch with Greenpois0n, and opened Loader. The problem is that when it started to install Cydia, it got interrupted by a notification that said there isn't a lot of space left on the device. Now I have a half installed Cydia that crashes when I open it, and Loader which thinks I installed Cydia...
Any ideas?
had this exact same problem

you have to restore the ipod to 4.2.1 (this will erase everything on it)

and then rejailbreak it

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ I can't really restore it, it's not mine. I meant if there was a way to at least access SSH or terminal, even if I didn't install openSSH.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your need cydia to install ssh thus the problem arises and on top of that cydia cannot be deleted from springboard

only way is to restore it to recover from corrupted cydia install

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
They will need to be reinstalled anyway though. On top of that they've changed the way certain things work so no tweaks can support 4.3 yet as MobileSubstrate needs to be updated (Source: Cydia's 4.3 warning)

anime4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I update from a greenp0isoned ipod touch 3g 4.1 to 4.2.
I jailbroke it with greenp0ison but now when i open cydi, it close right after.

Any help?

Thans

metamaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Did you interrupt Loader while it was installing Cydia? If yes, use iFunbox (or anything else that lets you browse an iDevice's files) and delete Cydia from the apps. Then run Loader again to reinstall Cydia.
If you deleted Loader, you can just re-run Greenpois0n to get it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since