Hacking Complete Beginner, helps plox?

Kaeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a complete beginner in doing anything with flashcards. All I know currently are the following:
I have a Midnight Purple 3DS, it's firmware is 4.0.3-01u (Just bought it today.)
The only flashcard I could find that works with this firmware currently is a: R4i Gold 3DS
I have no idea where any trusted sites would be to buy one from. (I'm in the US, I really don't want to pay/wait for China to US shipping.)
All in all, just throw links at me and I'll figure it out, Googling these things didn't help, just thread after thread after thread. Thanks in advance!

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome to GBAtemp.

A 3DS Flashcart your talking about is fake, because the 3DS hasn't been hacked. Read the stickies so you know more of it. Anyway go to http://shoptemp.net or Nds-card.com

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing can currently play 3ds roms. That being said a few flashcards can allow you to play ds roms on a 3ds. Acekard 2i and the Supercard DS2 work and probably a few other ones.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you update to the latest, the R4i Gold and Supercard DSTWO are the only flashcarts that currently work. If you stay on the current firmware, Acekard 2i will work too. Check the stuck topic i the 3DS homebrew forum.

Kaeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'll take a look at those links you guise posted and see what would be the most cost effective. [Acekard 2i looks promising, so does Supercard DSTWO]
But I knew about that none of these have hacked 3DS Roms, I'm strictly looking for something to play NES, GBC, and DS roms. GBA would be nice, but I don't wanna pay out the rear for a flashcard.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So, I'll take a look at those links you guise posted and see what would be the most cost effective. [Acekard 2i looks promising, so does Supercard DSTWO]
But I knew about that none of these have hacked 3DS Roms, I'm strictly looking for something to play NES, GBC, and DS roms. GBA would be nice, but I don't wanna pay out the rear for a flashcard.
The SuperCard DSTwo is great, especially if you want to play GBA or SNES games (it has onboard RAM, which gives it an extra boost needed to at least halfway-decently emulate some games on those systems). If not, I hear the EZ Flash Vi is great, too.

tranfeer

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I recommend you r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn),which can support 3DS4.3.0-10. If you do not care about the price, dstwo is another good choice. Do not get ak2i now because it can not support 3DS 4.3.0-10 at the moment.

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I recommend you r4i gold 3ds(r4ids.cn),which can support 3DS4.3.0-10. If you do not care about the price, dstwo is another good choice. Do not get ak2i now because it can not support 3DS 4.3.0-10 at the moment.

I agree, I'm considering switching to R4i Golds 3DS. Acekard take too long with updates, they used to be on top of the game but not any more

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins