Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in '3DS - Tutorials' started by Zyneros, Apr 20, 2017.
Very interesting guide. Will be trying this one out myself soon. Just three questions:
Credits. You keep claiming they are in the post, but all you have is a credit for the Cheat Engine file and a link to homemenu.co (which is dead).
Isn't it possible to dump the CIA directly from the system itself using Godmode9?
Would it at some point be feasible for someone to create a nicer GUI for this? At the moment it still requires some knowledge of hex editing, which not everyone may be comfortable with.
1. You're not wrong -- OP did more or less not credit anybody for helping him; which was essentially some 3-5+ people on the Discord server in my signature. Basically took the information there and on a documentation table and redid the guide here. I approve of the guide, it's nice, straightforward and well presented, but those who helped should definitely have been credited or more evidently credited.
2. Yes! That is completely possible; but OP isn't/wasn't aware that is an option.
3. I assume you mean an application? Sure, that's completely possible. The Home Menu's .lz archives use a particular file structure which is documented on 3DBrew, albeit, it seemingly goes against its own conventions from what I have discovered through raw hex editing. Writing up an updated Cheat Table would be better, in my opinion.
Thank you !
Can't find the safe offsets in the files (maybe because i have a eur 3ds)
I'm working on my own, better guide for this subject. The OP left a week after they posted this because others were getting frustrated he wasn't crediting them. Just stay tuned and I will link my guide once it is finished.
@Zyneros, your imgur links are dead.
EDIT: Well, he hasn't been online since april, whoops
Haven't heard from Zyneros for a long time either, lemme add a OUTDATED to the top of this thread
Thank you very much for this guide, the other one didn't work for me!
The title was a lie anyway. There is sadly still no complete customization:
- You can't really add new elements.
- You can't really change what elements do.
Also it is not easy to change things like colors and position anyways. Cheat Engine is somewhat a help, but not every aspect is there and try to customize the look of the sleep mode screen and you will see that this is very hard without any preview to get what you want, cause there are many elements influencing the look of it. E.g. you may waste a lot of time changing the fogs colour.
At most I want to add parts of the system settings app Wifi settings to the home menu so that I could change networks while beeing in the home menu. Sadly this is still not possible at the moment.
Things which are possible can be found Dungeonfire's page: dungeonfire.tk
It got linked a few times in the past (according to search results on gbatemp) so I guess it's okay that I link to it. Also it may helps the customizing community.
Images are down
Instead of bumping this dead one, just go to this one: https://gbatemp.net/threads/a-complete-guide-to-customizing-your-home-and-sleep-menu.470088/ where images are working. Or go to dungeonsfire webpage directly.. Also you can find a Discord link there if you need help or if you want to discuss things about the home menu, the sleep menu or (now new ) the system settings app. Also DeKay is on that Discord and active again.