Hacking Compiling Sneek for vWii (or getting kernel from somewhere else?)

thanius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi, I've been trying to compile sneek (without DI) both using Windows and Linux, but I'm still only getting a black screen.
File folder structure looks ok and no errors or warnings during compilation, so what am I doing wrong? I have of course replaced THAT file with the one from my dumped nand.
Is there somewhere I can download the kernel (again, without DI) from somewhere?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a point to still using SNEEK at this point? Doesn't the simple setup for EmuNand in USBLoader GX cover everything SNEEK was meant to do? I mean I store all my Wiiware titles in there, far more than the vWii menu allows for, as well as tons of DLC especially for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games which otherwise would be restricted without an EmuNAND. But I mean doesn't that cover all you need that stuff for? Is there something more that SNEEK is capable of that I'm not recalling? I remember setting SNEEK up on my original Wii forever ago, and it being a headache to setup, take a long time, and ultimately feeling pointless once USBLoader GX's EmuNAND options appeared.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a point to still using SNEEK at this point? Doesn't the simple setup for EmuNand in USBLoader GX cover everything SNEEK was meant to do? I mean I store all my Wiiware titles in there, far more than the vWii menu allows for, as well as tons of DLC especially for the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games which otherwise would be restricted without an EmuNAND. But I mean doesn't that cover all you need that stuff for? Is there something more that SNEEK is capable of that I'm not recalling? I remember setting SNEEK up on my original Wii forever ago, and it being a headache to setup, take a long time, and ultimately feeling pointless once USBLoader GX's EmuNAND options appeared.
the only purpose is using neek titles in usb loader gx. other than that, it's pretty pointless afaik. I think disc games have to be in another format, not iso or wbfs, as well.

thanius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was under the impression that USBLGX wasn't 100% compatible. I'll only be using the emunand for WiiWare exclusives, and Castlevania is one that doesn't work with cios emunand I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things