Compiling ScummVM from Windows "switch-unknown" problem Help!

DevanWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I have devkitPro already installed on my Windows 7 64-bit system with its switch-* libs installed and when I configure ScummVM compiler for Switch:
../scummvm/configure --host=switch --disable-debug --enable-static --enable-detection-static --enable-optimizations --enable-byonline --disable-all-engines --enable-engine=he --disable-ogg --disable-vorbis --disable-tremor --disable-mad --disable-fribidi --disable-zlib --disable-flac --disable-glew --disable-theoradec --disable-jpeg --disable-gif --disable-faad --disable-freetype2 --disable-sparkle --disable-a52 --disable-mpeg2 --disable-lua --disable-nuked-opl --disable-savegame-timestamp --disable-translation --disable-eventrecorder --disable-tts
I keep getting this error no matter how hard I try.
Running ScummVM configure... Looking for C++ compiler... none found!
I tried setting the path to the devKitA64 directory and it didn't fix it. I NEED HELP!

Last edited by DevanWolf,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you follow this ?
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Nintendo_Switch

but you have edited the error, which is not the same now. So, at least, it recognizes the HOST

it seems it doesn't find any compiler, so PATH is not set correctly.

you should have three variables :

DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro
DEVKITARM=/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM
DEVKITPPC=/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC

and, in PATH variable, this :
c:\devkitPro\msys2\usr\bin

and nothing else. No need to do anytthing with devkitA64 in order to compile Switch homebrews (With this exact setup, I'm able to compile Atmosphère...didn't try scummvm, because I know it can be tedious to compile it)

DevanWolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you follow this ?
https://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Nintendo_Switch

but you have edited the error, which is not the same now. So, at least, it recognizes the HOST

it seems it doesn't find any compiler, so PATH is not set correctly.

you should have three variables :

and, in PATH variable, this :

and nothing else. No need to do anytthing with devkitA64 in order to compile Switch homebrews (With this exact setup, I'm able to compile Atmosphère...didn't try scummvm, because I know it can be tedious to compile it)
My three variables above are already there. Added MSYS2 Bin to the path, still no luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse