Competition: Win Mewtwo DLC for 3DS!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Jan 28, 2015.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    So here's the deal, I'll be getting Mewtwo DLC codes of 3DS and Wii U and since I won't be using the 3DS I figured I'd give away to someone here, so in order to do this I thought I'd make it fun. Fun and free? Yep.

If you own Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker play the level Mummy Me Maze Forever and collect the highest amount of coins and if you get the highest score then I'll send you it when I receive it. Oh yeah, you'll have to take a photo with your username on a piece of paper or what have you.

Note: I read on Miiverse that it's limited to 9999 coins so if that's the case the ones who reach the limit will be selected at random.

2. shinkodachi

shinkodachi On permanent leave

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    Dude I've already won if that's the case. I did the 9999 a while back. I don't need the 3DS code though as I play on Wii U, so good luck to anyone who actually tries to tackle this. :)

3. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I need a smash for 3ds code, even if its used. I would exchange for my used smash for Wii u code

4. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Damn I'm disappointed. All this time I thought that if you purchase either a 3DS OR a Wii U copy of SSM, you get Mewtwo. Maybe I should have read it a little closer. I just got my SSB Wii U today and I put in the code and that's when I read it clearly and it said you need both. I don't have a 3ds (at least not yet) so I guess I'm not getting Mewtwo unless I buy the 3ds version just for the code and then resell the game on ebay/craigslist or something.

5. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    What do you mean by used? Already registered in club nintendo? What can you do with a used code?

6. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    When you have registered the game on Club Nintendo, you will separately get the DLC download code for Mewtwo, provided you have registered both a 3DS and Wii U copy of the game.

7. YamiZee

YamiZee GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2013
    Finland
    Personally I would've made it a competition involving smash 3ds since that's the game everyone is guaranteed to have, and most people who have a wii u have smash on it anyways. I don't even have a wii u lol. Oh well...

8. shinkodachi

Dec 31, 2013
    Finland
    AFAIK WiiCube_2013 doesn't have a 3DS anymore, he sold it. But it's cool he's doing something random like this, so go get a Wii U and Captain Toad and waste 2 weekends of your life to get the code. :D

9. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Nov 2, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You can use the sister code exploit (changing the last char of the code), it can/cannot work but it's worth the shot.

10. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    What's the deadline? I will let my 9 year old know and see what he can do.

11. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Wow thanks. I had no idea about sister codes lol. Just looked it up.

Is there a thread on here where people trade their codes? Or will I have to take that to another forum?

12. Gifted1

Gifted1 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 26, 2006
    United States
    Anybody have a 3ds SSB code they would like to trade for a wii u ssb sister code?

13. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    nooooo i desperately needed a 3DS SSB code but I'm absolutely shit at getting high scores on games