Hacking Compatible Hard Drive not being seen by wii

wii_richyb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am fairly new to this, but I have looked over the net and it appears I have done everything correct, but it's still not working for me.

I have soft modded my wii using Modwii and had everything installed no problem inc the usb loader that comes with the downloaded apps.

Now I own a Samsung 500gb (michael jackson hd) that is listed as compatible. I initally plugged this into the wii and watched some films through the wii mc player. I then decided to format the drive and split the partition one in WBFS format and the other half as FAT32. Now I have followed the process

- Delete Partition
- Allocate drive, but do not format
- tried using WBFS Manager 3.0 and WiiBackupManager0.3.6-build48 to formate the drive

I plugged this into the wii and loaded the usb loader, but it can not see the hard drive. Since then I have formatted the whole drive as WBFS and the usb loader still gives the same message about 'connecting the harddrive'.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

ykz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think your WBFS partition isn't the first partition of your harddrive now. And it has to be the active partition to be recognised by the usb loader.

You can make it the active partition by right-clicking my computer, choose manage, go to diskmanagement and right click your WBFS partition and choose mark as active partition or something alike.

wii_richyb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

Solved it now, for some reason my loader was not working properly, since then I have used another version of the loader and it now works.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1