United States

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
This second Survey is actually better!
But if I may: maybe give the option to input any other titles than the ones selected?

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This second Survey is actually better!
But if I may: maybe give the option to input any other titles than the ones selected?
I tried a couple of questions where custom inputs were possible on the previous survey, and the myriad of different spellings and formats for answers just caused Google Sheets to give me inaccurate data. On top of that, there are so many games for the Switch that if I try to just list them all, it'll be a nightmare to scroll past the wall of a thousand games. If someone plays Celeste, for example, it'll make a new heading for
  • Celeste
  • celeste
  • CELESTE
  • cELESTE
and every other variant imaginable. Even worse, Google Sheets is like Windows 10 before it, a piece of software trying so hard to be user friendly that it does everything in its power to remove the user from decisions about the usage of the product. This results in someone like myself who isn't new to computers being frustrated at the lack of customization. The compromise is to include a selection of Nintendo's targeted games, the ones that were advertised, the big ones. I play a lot of indie games myself, so it's annoying to only include this selection, but them's the brakes.

Reactions: Kioku

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Oh! Didn't know there were so many limitations!
Oh well, maybe a drop down list will do next time.

I tried a couple of questions where custom inputs were possible on the previous survey, and the myriad of different spellings and formats for answers just caused Google Sheets to give me inaccurate data. On top of that, there are so many games for the Switch that if I try to just list them all, it'll be a nightmare to scroll past the wall of a thousand games. If someone plays Celeste, for example, it'll make a new heading for
  • Celeste
  • celeste
  • CELESTE
  • cELESTE
and every other variant imaginable. Even worse, Google Sheets is like Windows 10 before it, a piece of software trying so hard to be user friendly that it does everything in its power to remove the user from decisions about the usage of the product. This results in someone like myself who isn't new to computers being frustrated at the lack of customization. The compromise is to include a selection of Nintendo's targeted games, the ones that were advertised, the big ones. I play a lot of indie games myself, so it's annoying to only include this selection, but them's the brakes.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is still no option for no interest in switch hacking
why are you on the switch forum if you have no interest in switch hacking
it's like being in a fishing store and hating fishing
it honestly never occurred to me that such a person would be here

D

Deleted User

Submitted again. I've only played the Crash Trilogy through LayeredFS but it wasn't on the survey, so I just ticked 'I haven't pirated any games'.

Darth Meteos

Entertainer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Submitted again. I've only played the Crash Trilogy through LayeredFS but it wasn't on the survey, so I just ticked 'I haven't pirated any games'.
bah humbug i knew i was making a mistake by leaving crash off
I definitely like this one better, more specific
Adding a few more quantifiers ended up helping. This one will be up a lot longer, too. Hoping to hit 1000 responses.

Reactions: Deleted User

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I tried a couple of questions where custom inputs were possible on the previous survey, and the myriad of different spellings and formats for answers just caused Google Sheets to give me inaccurate data. On top of that, there are so many games for the Switch that if I try to just list them all, it'll be a nightmare to scroll past the wall of a thousand games.
You can't expect the tools to do everything for you. When doing complex surveys and analytics you have to go into the data by yourself to collate and verify it properly.

How many responses did the previous version get?

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why are you on the switch forum if you have no interest in switch hacking
it's like being in a fishing store and hating fishing
it honestly never occurred to me that such a person would be here
i've been on here since 2003, just cause i had interest in hacking my gba, xbox, gamecube, xbox360, nds, wii, wii u and 3ds doesn't mean i have interest in hacking my switch.

Reactions: IC_
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality