Commodore 64/Amiga

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by KingpinSlim, May 4, 2017.

?

Do you own any of the following?

1. Commodore 64

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  2. Commodore Amiga

5 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. No.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KingpinSlim
    OP

KingpinSlim Newbie

I know this forum is mainly focused on consoles, but I was wondering how many people are out there who appreciate the old Commodore-lines of Computers?

The C64 was my first gaming-system ever and I have loved it ever since.

2. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I've got a c46 buried in a closet somewhere.

I've never even known a person that actually has an Amiga. It wasn't super popular in America. It was just that weird computer commodore put out that only showed up in magazines and had pretty decent graphics for the time before VGA arrived on "IBM".

3. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I have both, C64 upstairs and the other in the loft. But honestly my heart still belongs to the C16, :P my first gaming memory was my older brothers arguing over playing Vegas Jackpot lol

Depravo likes this.
  4. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    Amiga 1200 in the late 90's that was gifted by a friend. Many hours I played Bubble Bobble, Lemmings and Zool 2 on it and in hindsight, I wish I kept it instead of giving it away just because I wanted a Windows PC for internet as soon as possible.

Looking into buying a second hand one. Shipping costs and wondering if it's really worth the effort to mod it to run games from a hard drive is preventing me from buying one again.

5. KingpinSlim
    OP

KingpinSlim Newbie

Wow, i am glad so many people here ALREADY have the same fondness for Commodore that i have.
    But... both lines are far to good a gaming-platform to leave it in a box or in the basement, imho!

I recently bought an Amiga 500 for 13€+shipping, untested.
    What an amazing little project that will be!

6. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Oct 21, 2005
    Belgium
    Somewhere in this potatoland!
    I still own a C64 and C128 also an Amigo 500 and 1200 (i used to collect old computers :D, got rid of a few, but most i still have)

7. emmanu888

emmanu888 6 years and still going strong

Jan 25, 2009
    Canada
    Victoriaville,Québec
    I have a C64 with a Datasette, unfortunately that's a bad combo for me. NTSC system with PAL games leads to graphical glitches, games that crashes as they start, games that show a title screen and crashes going in-game
    I just really need a SD2IEC to play NTSC games, which also locks me out of any demos since they're all made with PAL systems in mind

8. Depravo

Depravo KALSARIKÄNNIT

Global Moderator
    GBAtemp Patron
    Depravo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 13, 2008
    Purgatory
    Blimey, that takes me back!

ploggy likes this.
  9. petspeed

petspeed GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 13, 2009
    I have a C64 and an Amiga 500 still. They are in a box somewhere cause I don't really have time to play with them. Besides a Lambda 80 the Commodore machines where my first computers and I have a lot of fun memories from games on those machines. I play C64 games on an emulator on Wii and 3DS once in a while. Very nostalgic :)

10. ploggy

ploggy WAKA! WAKA!

Aug 29, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, Vegas Jackpot, Trailblazer, Strip Poker and Mr Puniverse.. the classics lol

11. KingpinSlim
    OP

KingpinSlim Newbie

Hey! Did you know you can actually convert your system to pal?

Link: http://biosrhythm.com/?p=1420

Last edited May 4, 2017