1. 3,224

Front-page

Back in 2018, EA announced that they would be remastering two classic games from the Command & Conquer series. It's been a while since we first heard the news of Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert (and their expansions) getting a modern release, but now EA is ready to show the remasters to the world for the first time. In a trailer that reveals a first-look at the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, we learn that the games will have 4K remastered graphics, including upscaled versions of the original FMVs. In addition, players will be able to toggle between the new graphics and the old, at any time. Multiplayer features have been revamped and modernized to let you search for different game modes, or easily host your own match. The original composer for the game has returned to remaster the music in higher quality, and has added in previously unreleased tracks as well.

The Command & Conquer Remastered Collection will launch on PC for Steam and Origin on June 5, 2020. For those that enjoy a physical release, Limited Run Games will be providing one, with pre-orders lasting until april 10th.

2. Discussion (26 replies)

3. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Cool, old games.

4. Mthodmn101

Mthodmn101 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow, they made a game from 1995 look like a game from 2003. Impressive

PolitePie likes this.
  5. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Squeeee! I want it so bad!

6. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    Well, finally a modern EA game I can get behind.

Because it is made of EA games from the past.

But seriously, I think they did a good job here. I appreciate the changes compared to the original and the updated graphics. Since Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert are the only C&C games I have yet to finish (excluding that game that we don't talk about), I might give it a go. Feels good to be back in action after so many years.

7. Youkai

Youkai Demon

Germany
    Dunno but for me those remasters which are hardly any differen at all (of course they should not be very different but this grafic change are hardly to be noticed at all :/) feel like a rip off.

They should have used the Generals engine or whatever they have and recreate all the maps and buildings / units in there

8. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Okay, okay...it's got some serious polish. But increased resolution aside...what does it really adds?

I might certainly pick it up for nostalgia's sake, but I fear that the one other thing (aside resolution) will really wreck things. Meaning: AI. Sure, nostalgia predicts that back then all our troops marched in perfect unison, readily understanding your every move, whereas the computer-controlled AI was brooding and building, and launching clever attacks. In reality, you controlled a bunch of beheaded turkeys, all somehow scrambling to get to the same position (read: as soon as the closest unit moved, it blocked paths for the others, who instantly took that as a signal to take detours all over the place. The result was probably hilarious if you weren't attempting to control an army to a given direction), and the enemy was a slog that just churned out a couple tanks that attack-moved to your base to give you an illusion of a threat.

Damn: now I really want to play those games again. :P

9. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    big box release please

10. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Cubi™ The Panty Stealing Enby

Antarctica
    I neeeeeeeeeeed it!

11. scroeffie1984

scroeffie1984 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    just bought ,mine sucks the shipping is 22 dollars to the netherlands

12. Chary

OP Chary Never sleeps.
    Senior Editor

United States
    Never played C&C but this trailer kinda...made me wanna try it? I guess we'll see what it's up against when it releases.

13. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    It's a remaster, not a remake. The point is to keep the same feel and target the original audience. And the works aren't only at graphics levels, but everything else. The biggest challenge I take is to make everything run natively on modern software and hardware.

14. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Portugal
    Oh yes... CnC for me. Red Alert is nothing.
    It seems EA went the extra mile and had fan input. Love'em.

15. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    I have an emotional connection with this game, I remember my late grandfather giving me the C&C Collection for my birthday way back when. Will pick it up for sure and nuke enemy bases all day.

16. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Its just a remaster... Not a remake...

17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Global Moderator

Poland
    To be fair C&C Generals deserves a re-release in its own right, I'd happily see a Collector's of that too.

scroeffie1984 likes this.
  18. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

United States
    Very nice, these games should be experienced by everyone, but they're a PITA to get running on modern systems. Gonna be a hell of a nostalgia trip to play multiplayer.

19. andyhappypants

United Kingdom
    Nice gesture and all but wow they could’ve done a bit more work on the visuals! Ugly AF.

20. Delerious

Delerious GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Why no Tiberian Sun tho?

21. loler55

loler55 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    Today i Stand Up See the Trailer and get instand goose pimples

ITS one of My first Games AS Kind
    Never finished the Last Mission now i get a Seconds Chance . Love this News @Chary you should try IT for sure

Chary likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Remastered, Collection, confirmed