Command and Conquer Remastered Collection release date confirmed

Back in 2018, EA announced that they would be remastering two classic games from the Command & Conquer series. It's been a while since we first heard the news of Command & Conquer Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert (and their expansions) getting a modern release, but now EA is ready to show the remasters to the world for the first time. In a trailer that reveals a first-look at the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection, we learn that the games will have 4K remastered graphics, including upscaled versions of the original FMVs. In addition, players will be able to toggle between the new graphics and the old, at any time. Multiplayer features have been revamped and modernized to let you search for different game modes, or easily host your own match. The original composer for the game has returned to remaster the music in higher quality, and has added in previously unreleased tracks as well.

The Command & Conquer Remastered Collection will launch on PC for Steam and Origin on June 5, 2020. For those that enjoy a physical release, Limited Run Games will be providing one, with pre-orders lasting until april 10th.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, finally a modern EA game I can get behind.

Because it is made of EA games from the past.

But seriously, I think they did a good job here. I appreciate the changes compared to the original and the updated graphics. Since Tiberian Dawn and Red Alert are the only C&C games I have yet to finish (excluding that game that we don't talk about), I might give it a go. Feels good to be back in action after so many years.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dunno but for me those remasters which are hardly any differen at all (of course they should not be very different but this grafic change are hardly to be noticed at all :/) feel like a rip off.

They should have used the Generals engine or whatever they have and recreate all the maps and buildings / units in there

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, okay...it's got some serious polish. But increased resolution aside...what does it really adds?

I might certainly pick it up for nostalgia's sake, but I fear that the one other thing (aside resolution) will really wreck things. Meaning: AI. Sure, nostalgia predicts that back then all our troops marched in perfect unison, readily understanding your every move, whereas the computer-controlled AI was brooding and building, and launching clever attacks. In reality, you controlled a bunch of beheaded turkeys, all somehow scrambling to get to the same position (read: as soon as the closest unit moved, it blocked paths for the others, who instantly took that as a signal to take detours all over the place. The result was probably hilarious if you weren't attempting to control an army to a given direction), and the enemy was a slog that just churned out a couple tanks that attack-moved to your base to give you an illusion of a threat.

Damn: now I really want to play those games again. :P

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Wow, they made a game from 1995 look like a game from 2003. Impressive

Dunno but for me those remasters which are hardly any differen at all (of course they should not be very different but this grafic change are hardly to be noticed at all :/) feel like a rip off.

They should have used the Generals engine or whatever they have and recreate all the maps and buildings / units in there

It's a remaster, not a remake. The point is to keep the same feel and target the original audience. And the works aren't only at graphics levels, but everything else. The biggest challenge I take is to make everything run natively on modern software and hardware.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh yes... CnC for me. Red Alert is nothing.
It seems EA went the extra mile and had fan input. Love'em.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have an emotional connection with this game, I remember my late grandfather giving me the C&C Collection for my birthday way back when. Will pick it up for sure and nuke enemy bases all day.

Reactions: BORTZ

noctis90210

Trophies
XP
Country

Its just a remaster... Not a remake...

loler55

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Today i Stand Up See the Trailer and get instand goose pimples

ITS one of My first Games AS Kind
Never finished the Last Mission now i get a Seconds Chance . Love this News @Chary you should try IT for sure

Reactions: Chary

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1