[Coming Soon] Operation: Vietnam

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Hadrian, May 19, 2007.

May 19, 2007
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Operation: Vietnam. Developed by Coyote Console and scheduled for worldwide release this autumn by Majesco.Operation: Vietnam drops players into the war-torn jungles of Vietnam as they try to escape enemy territory.

"Operation: Vietnam packs the run-and-gun action found in popular arcade games into the Nintendo DS™," said John Merchant, Marketing Manager, Majesco Europe. "The squad-based gameplay and variety of missions create a fast-paced, exciting experience for gamers on the go."

In Operation: Vietnam, a chopper flight over the thick jungles of worn-torn Vietnam goes horribly wrong as the transport is shot down deep inside Viet Cong territory. Surrounded by the enemy, players must rally their squad and lead them back to safety. Along the way, players must fend off repeated assaults while liberating oppressed villagers.

Exciting features of Operation: Vietnam include:
    * Use the Touch Screen to issue commands, access inventory, view maps and select which squad member to control;
    * Utilize your squad to combat multiple enemy types including: soldiers, tanks, turrets, enemy barracks, etc.;
    * Take advantage of different specialties and weapons per soldier: long range rifle, grenade launcher, automatic weapons, and more;
    * Flush out enemies with smoke grenades or take them out with fragmentation grenades.

Will also include Wi-Fi but no details of what that would entail.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Screen shots aren't really all that clear to me but it looks like it could be well detailed. I like the sound of this game, run and gun arcade style but you can also issue commands and sounds like there could be some strategy to the gameplay. We'll only know if its worth giving a damn about when its eventually release, but theres little else like it on the DS like it so heres hoping.

Right I'm off to drink some rum and wait for Doctor Who [​IMG]

2. Azimuth

Member Azimuth Chicken Teriyaki Boy!

Canada
    sounds a lot like commandos

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If I squint I can almost see cannon fodder, consider my interest piqued.

4. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
    QFT
    Cannon Fodder [​IMG]

5. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    Cool here’s something we don’t have on the DS yet.
    And if it’s anything like Cannon Fodder it’ll be a winner.

6. PikaPika

Member PikaPika GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    looks like Medal of Honor Infiltrator (gba), which was an awesome game!
    Kinda off-topic, but they should make a sequel to Infiltrator on the ds.

7. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    Definitely love a sequel to that, its one of the three MoH games a like (others being the first one on PSX, Allied Assault PC). I reckon this game would be more like MoH, or perhaps like Call of Duty 3 on the mobiles.

Would love to see Cannon Fodder on DS, there is a PSP game in development theres some screens here. In my opinion it looks like crap graphics and style wise would suit the DS a lot better.

8. jimmy j

Member jimmy j Awesome for hire.

United Kingdom
    Ah, crap graphics and style - two things that the DS does really, really well [​IMG]

9. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    The only thing worse than WW2 games is Vietnam games... Oh well, it might have interesting gameplay.

10. Hadrian
    OP

United Kingdom
    You know come to think of it I'm getting a bit bored of WWII & Vietnam games. You'd think they'd use some other wars. How about a Cavalier Vs Roundhead game! Get some musket action.

11. cheeo

Newcomer cheeo Advanced Member

United States
    How can you not love WWII games! You fight the Nazis, for God sake, the most deadly
    war machine in history. What’s old & beyond boring is magic, fairies & medieval times.
    Not to mention a bit Gay. [​IMG]

12. OrR

Member OrR Rice-megatron Expert

Germany
    How about not making so many war games at all? [​IMG]
    Also, WW2 games could be a bit weird since I might be fighting my own grandfather. Not a real problem, though, because they are all so awfully bad that they don't really make you feel as if you were recreating history.

Yeah right... [​IMG]