Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Operation: Vietnam. Developed by Coyote Console and scheduled for worldwide release this autumn by Majesco.Operation: Vietnam drops players into the war-torn jungles of Vietnam as they try to escape enemy territory.

"Operation: Vietnam packs the run-and-gun action found in popular arcade games into the Nintendo DS™," said John Merchant, Marketing Manager, Majesco Europe. "The squad-based gameplay and variety of missions create a fast-paced, exciting experience for gamers on the go."

In Operation: Vietnam, a chopper flight over the thick jungles of worn-torn Vietnam goes horribly wrong as the transport is shot down deep inside Viet Cong territory. Surrounded by the enemy, players must rally their squad and lead them back to safety. Along the way, players must fend off repeated assaults while liberating oppressed villagers.

Exciting features of Operation: Vietnam include:
* Use the Touch Screen to issue commands, access inventory, view maps and select which squad member to control;
* Utilize your squad to combat multiple enemy types including: soldiers, tanks, turrets, enemy barracks, etc.;
* Take advantage of different specialties and weapons per soldier: long range rifle, grenade launcher, automatic weapons, and more;
* Flush out enemies with smoke grenades or take them out with fragmentation grenades.

Will also include Wi-Fi but no details of what that would entail.

opvietnam5_t.jpg
opvietnam4.jpg
opvietnam3.jpg
opvietnam2_t.jpg
opvietnam1_t.jpg

Screen shots aren't really all that clear to me but it looks like it could be well detailed. I like the sound of this game, run and gun arcade style but you can also issue commands and sounds like there could be some strategy to the gameplay. We'll only know if its worth giving a damn about when its eventually release, but theres little else like it on the DS like it so heres hoping.

Right I'm off to drink some rum and wait for Doctor Who
grog.gif

PikaPika

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like Medal of Honor Infiltrator (gba), which was an awesome game!
Kinda off-topic, but they should make a sequel to Infiltrator on the ds.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like Medal of Honor Infiltrator (gba), which was an awesome game!
Kinda off-topic, but they should make a sequel to Infiltrator on the ds.
Definitely love a sequel to that, its one of the three MoH games a like (others being the first one on PSX, Allied Assault PC). I reckon this game would be more like MoH, or perhaps like Call of Duty 3 on the mobiles.

Would love to see Cannon Fodder on DS, there is a PSP game in development theres some screens here. In my opinion it looks like crap graphics and style wise would suit the DS a lot better.

Hadrian

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing worse than WW2 games is Vietnam games... Oh well, it might have interesting gameplay.
You know come to think of it I'm getting a bit bored of WWII & Vietnam games. You'd think they'd use some other wars. How about a Cavalier Vs Roundhead game! Get some musket action.

cheeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can you not love WWII games! You fight the Nazis, for God sake, the most deadly
war machine in history. What’s old & beyond boring is magic, fairies & medieval times.
Not to mention a bit Gay.
wink.gif

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How about not making so many war games at all?
unsure.gif

Also, WW2 games could be a bit weird since I might be fighting my own grandfather. Not a real problem, though, because they are all so awfully bad that they don't really make you feel as if you were recreating history.

QUOTE said:
Mein Fuhrer! Wiener Schnitzel! Arrrgh!
Yeah right...
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-