Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Comic BookDS V3.0

Comics reader for the DS

cbds_4.jpg

Comic Book DS is a Comic Books reader for the Nintendo DS developed by Gnese. This update brings the software to version 3.0 Final and includes a fair share of new features.

Changelog said:
  • New: WIFI mode created. The books from http://cbds.free.fr/ can be consulted directly on the DS thanks to the WIFI connexion.(The next big images are downloaded in background while viewing the current ones).
  • New: New look of the different screens (many thanks to FA for this nice design)
  • New: Theme support: Sounds, Colors, Backgrounds, Icons and Sprites can be changed. All the theme content is placed in the "/cbds/Theme" folder.
  • New: Quicker file scan (new restriction : all .cbds, .ini and theme files must be placed in the "cbds" root folder. Sub-folders are still handled).
  • New: Improved change page trigger (using the one key navigation feature) : instead of an exact page side match, an average is used (1/3 of the visible area by default), to trigger or not a page change.
  • New: Display of a notification icon before a page change. A second key press is then now necessary (this feature can be deactivated in .ini file).
  • New: More configuration available in ini file (avoid blinking, initial brightness, scrollincrementX,scrollincrementY,start key configurable ...).
  • New: Slightly better reactivity , preempting and error handling. Small bug fixes and improvements.

hollabackitsobi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reading the Heroes comics on Wifi is so SLOOOW, but it's an awesome addition that shows this guy is serious about his shit. This is in the top 5 homebrew apps on DS for sure, hands down. Been permanently on my card since forever.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
The website is not working right now
frown.gif

This site web is not available anymore.

damn you're right! but the homepage http://gnese.free.fr is up, but all the downloads, links etc are down.

i noticed this too

QUOTELast news, the 12/09/2007:

* Home: Homepage restructuration

I really need a link to LoitumaGirlDS 1.1 (i only have 1.0)

Bube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Umm.. I really need help.. I couldn't find Picto DS, so I changed the extension of some .cbr files I already had on my computer to .cbds. Whenever I try to load a comic, the program always freezes.

Changing extensions isn't the right way I guess.. Where can I find Picto DS? Or if it isn't necessary, what should I do?

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have a problem, I want to download software to convert my jpg files to cbds ones but I cant find that software and homepage of comic book ds does not work.

I found it its pictods

mrbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the mac version works perfect for me on leopard. Use pdf2image (freeware) to convert to png...only bug it has is names files 001 002 003 then 0010 0011 0012 0013 ....so just the first 10 files need renaming to 0001 0002 0003 0004, etc. then even thing is fine. I was worried a bit since I don't use bootcamp and windows at all anymore and boy was I relieve to find a mac version of PictoDS.

shadowmancer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
OK, i need some help. I've tried many ways to get CBDS working on my M3 Perfect (I've used a direct copy, the M3 patcher, DLDI patcher, DLDI patcher then M3 patcher, DLDI with alternate patch) and I can't get it to work. I have .nds file on the root directory, and the cbds files and images in a seperate directory. When I attempt to launch, all I get is a blank screen. What am I doing wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1