Comic book reader

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Laughlyn, May 2, 2011.

May 2, 2011

Comic book reader by Laughlyn at 10:13 PM (1,895 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Laughlyn
    OP

Newcomer Laughlyn Advanced Member

United States
    I've downloaded the digital comic reader for the PSP Go and i have several cbr files on my PC.
    I'm really new to PSP hacking scene (like 3 days) and wondered how i get the PSP go to pick em up and read the files or if there is a homebrew app to read teh files i copy over and a location of where to copy teh files

2. Jolan

Member Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Bulgaria
    I don't think the official Comic Reader can open .cbr files, but there was a homebrew called PSPComic which I think could do that.

3. Laughlyn
    OP

Newcomer Laughlyn Advanced Member

United States
    cheers i'll see if i can find the homebrew version. Wish teh README files had a bit more info on the HB stuff, knowing where to save the files to read would be great [​IMG]

EDIT: Found the app and works a treat, cheers bud

4. badnat

Member badnat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I used to use a program that converted my manga to fit the PSP's screen. It reduced the image width to fit the PSP's resolution so you're only scrolling up and down. Pretty much essential for any kind of enjoyable reading experience. I'll let you google it if you're interested (not in the mood myself, lol). I think I read nearly all 38 volumes of Ranma 1/2 on my PSP....

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

United States
    Er... couldn't you easily just use the "Fit to screen" option on the Image viewer? >_> That's what I have always done and it works fine...

6. badnat

Member badnat GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The image wouldn't look as good because of compression (which is no minor thing when reading small text) and it would take longer to load each image. That aside, I might have been on OFW at the time... I don't recall exactly.