Comic book reader

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Laughlyn, May 2, 2011.

1. Laughlyn
    OP

Laughlyn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    I've downloaded the digital comic reader for the PSP Go and i have several cbr files on my PC.
    I'm really new to PSP hacking scene (like 3 days) and wondered how i get the PSP go to pick em up and read the files or if there is a homebrew app to read teh files i copy over and a location of where to copy teh files

2. Jolan

Jolan Unlimited Bear Works

Mar 20, 2010
    Netherlands, currently
    I don't think the official Comic Reader can open .cbr files, but there was a homebrew called PSPComic which I think could do that.

3. Laughlyn
    OP

Laughlyn Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 3, 2009
    United States
    cheers i'll see if i can find the homebrew version. Wish teh README files had a bit more info on the HB stuff, knowing where to save the files to read would be great [​IMG]

EDIT: Found the app and works a treat, cheers bud

4. badnat

badnat GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2010
    United States
    I used to use a program that converted my manga to fit the PSP's screen. It reduced the image width to fit the PSP's resolution so you're only scrolling up and down. Pretty much essential for any kind of enjoyable reading experience. I'll let you google it if you're interested (not in the mood myself, lol). I think I read nearly all 38 volumes of Ranma 1/2 on my PSP....

5. Schlupi

Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniacâ„¢

Aug 31, 2007
    United States
    Rozen Queen Co, Chicago Branch
    Er... couldn't you easily just use the "Fit to screen" option on the Image viewer? >_> That's what I have always done and it works fine...

6. badnat

badnat GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2010
    United States
    The image wouldn't look as good because of compression (which is no minor thing when reading small text) and it would take longer to load each image. That aside, I might have been on OFW at the time... I don't recall exactly.