Comgenie's Awesome FileManager

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by xtreme1, Sep 18, 2010.

Sep 18, 2010

Comgenie's Awesome FileManager by xtreme1 at 5:33 AM (1,937 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. xtreme1
    OP

Member xtreme1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    anyone had any success with this? im backing up my ps2 memcard off my hard drive and my backed up games, will these be compatible after i reformat my hard drive? and if i copy over games off my internal to a fa 32 partition does it corrupt the files on it that are more than 4 gbs in size?

2. Kayot

Member Kayot GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Could you supply more details, such as if this is for PS2, and a link to the filemanager.

I personally use ulaunchelf for all my file managing on the PS2. I also use HDLoader and Open PS2 Loader in that order. Other than that, I have a PC so I don't use it for movies etc.

I do know that the ps2 Internal Hard Disk uses it's own format. You have to extract the games into ISO's either accost a network or directly to a computer via IDE link cable and manually move the files to a USB drive. As for external, I'm not too sure since the PS2 uses USB 1.1 which is abysmally slow and I have an internal HD so why bother?

Now if this is for PS3, I won't know till tomorrow (or a week from now) since I'm possibly going to get a PS3 based on their invoice listings in the inventory.

3. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    It should work, the latest version (.03) has the feature to split files that are bigger than 4 GB, and once you copy them back over to your internal HDD they'll automatically be merged.

Though you could just backup your stuff with FTP and bypass FAT32 complications.