Country
Gambia, The
da_head said:
Linkiboy said:
tinymonkeyt said:
so macs are ok for gaming?
As long as you're on Windows not OSX
wait so ur paying for an overpriced cross dresser then? psh

you are just using Windows for games because there are very little games for OS X
Have you ever tried OS X, tinyt? I would really just buy a MacBook, if you like OS X...a MacBook nearly only used with Windows is a waste

And there are Laptops with 13,3 and 12 inches (and sometimes 14,1 inches...but rare now) so not everything below 15 inches sucks on specs

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most laptops under 15 inch are generally crappy in the graphics department though, or are quite a lot more expensive then their 15 inch counterparts. Then again your macbook adds another few hundred over those.

Get a macbook if you want a macbook for it being a macbook with mac osx and a few cool features. If you don't care so much for that (or want to spend a while to install a proper linux distro or hackintosh, assuming that works) get a regular smaller laptop with a decent video card. As always though, gaming on a laptop is possible but wil ALWAYS suck compared to a desktop in the same price range. Simply because it is more mainstream and cheaper to produce. Not to forget of course the easier upgradeability of a desktop.

All in all I'm quite happy with my laptop, although the vid card is rather crappy (9300M G). It works with most games, though settings have to be medium to low in most cases (UT2004 and CNC3 excluded) but it was great value for money when I bought it and still performs perfectly. And frankly aside from gaming I hardly use Vista anymore, it being the most crappy OS I;ve EVER run, and have completly made the switch to opensuse 11.1 (which is great, the best OS I've run so far!).

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Scorpei said:
Most laptops under 15 inch are generally crappy in the graphics department though, or are quite a lot more expensive then their 15 inch counterparts. Then again your macbook adds another few hundred over those.

yeah, but for college a 15" laptop may not be the best sizewise and batterywise...

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Raki said:
Scorpei said:

yeah, but for college a 15" laptop may not be the best sizewise and batterywise...

Don't get me wrong, if they weren't more expensive I would have gotten a 13.3" laptop. The perfect size for me. Any smaller hurts my hands and any bigger is wel... bigger
smile.gif
get a regular smaller laptop with a decent video card

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?