Hacking Coldboot into iosuhax?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to cold boot into CFW, is with CBHC.

If you do use CBHC, please don't use CBHC to cold boot another CFW. CBHC is a CFW by itself, you don't need any other CFW.

If you do use CBHC to cold boot another CFW such as Mocha, then your just asking for trouble. Besides, there is no reason to use a CFW to boot into another CFW, that's like running 2 CFW's on top of each other, and that is never a good idea.

All you really need is no more then $5, and an SD Card. A big SD Card is recommended so you can Backup your Nand before installing CFW. And if you choose CBHC, backing up your nand before installing CBHC is a MUST, and should never be over looked.

And after you have the VC DS game for Haxchi/CBHC, you never have to buy a game for Haxchi ever again. You can probably find one of the Haxchi/CBHC games for even less then $5. You just have to look on the EShop. It's well worth the investment. And after you follow Kafluke's Noob Guide (or which ever guide you choose to follow), you never have to worry about Haxchi/CBHC ever again.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The only way to cold boot into CFW, is with CBHC.

If you do use CBHC, please don't use CBHC to cold boot another CFW. CBHC is a CFW by itself, you don't need any other CFW.

If you do use CBHC to cold boot another CFW such as Mocha, then your just asking for trouble. Besides, there is no reason to use a CFW to boot into another CFW, that's like running 2 CFW's on top of each other, and that is never a good idea.

All you really need is no more then $5, and an SD Card. A big SD Card is recommended so you can Backup your Nand before installing CFW. And if you choose CBHC, backing up your nand before installing CBHC is a MUST, and should never be over looked.

And after you have the VC DS game for Haxchi/CBHC, you never have to buy a game for Haxchi ever again. You can probably find one of the Haxchi/CBHC games for even less then $5. You just have to look on the EShop. It's well worth the investment. And after you follow Kafluke's Noob Guide (or which ever guide you choose to follow), you never have to worry about Haxchi/CBHC ever again.
Liar liar

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is the recommended guide http://www.wiiubru.com/guide/
Really? I'd personally go with http://wiiu.guide.

CBHC is "risky" in so far as you have to be an idiot to brick with it. There are so many warnings and clear instructions on what not to do, so just don't do stupid stuff and you'll be fine.

I recommend moving your Haxchi icon to the end of your home menu, then installing CBHC, and then you don't have to worry about accidentally launching through the CBHC icon and bricking.
Most everything else is just common sense.

It'd be nice if we had more stability updates or whatever. I dunno, I just like updates when they're not Sony- or Nintendo-levels of meme-worthiness, and no major Wii U ones have happened since last year/the beginning of this year which is kinda sad.

D

Deleted User

Really? I'd personally go with http://wiiu.guide.

CBHC is "risky" in so far as you have to be an idiot to brick with it. There are so many warnings and clear instructions on what not to do, so just don't do stupid stuff and you'll be fine.
"CBHC is risky"
>proceeds to redirect users to most misinformed guide on earth
Oh, okay.

Reactions: Zekamon

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
I recommend moving your Haxchi icon to the end of your home menu, then installing CBHC, and then you don't have to worry about accidentally launching through the CBHC icon and bricking.
Most everything else is just common sense.

But.... you don't brick launching the CBHC'd game

Zekamon

Now with extra salt!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But.... you don't brick launching the CBHC'd game
They think that because of the warning "Don't touch Haxchi after installation" which means like not moving to USB or deleting it in the System Settings but they think it's the same on the Home Menu

syntax53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC is a CFW by itself, you don't need any other CFW.
I'm still new to the Wii hacking scene, but the only thing I found so far where I had to load Mocha, was the Wii U USB Transfer tool tells you that it's not enabling faster speeds do to the lack of iosuhax being detected. I load mocha after boot though (I'm running CBHC) and then that message goes away in the tool. Speeds are still slow as balls, but that's not the point :)

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still new to the Wii hacking scene, but the only thing I found so far where I had to load Mocha, was the Wii U USB Transfer tool tells you that it's not enabling faster speeds do to the lack of iosuhax being detected. I load mocha after boot though (I'm running CBHC) and then that message goes away in the tool. Speeds are still slow as balls, but that's not the point :)
So in other words:

No benefit = no reason to launch mocha

syntax53

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in other words:

No benefit = no reason to launch mocha
I had nothing to compare it to, so it could have been slower than balls without Mocha. My point was that the app could detect the presence of iosuhax, or lack thereof.

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
well, that's because fix uses the /dev/mcp node for iosu things, while dimok uses /dev/iosuhax (probably the transfer tool checks for /dev/iosuhax)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk