(Coldboot) Haxchi or Tiramisu ?

• Total voters

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tbh, I love mocha with the browser exploit on the wii u. Yes, it's about 60-90 seconds of work if I want to use homebrew, but I can host the exploit on my raspberry pi, use my wii u on- or offline as I please and do not have to modify ANYTHING on nand afaik :-) it's just a normal wii u when booted!

but I guess it's going to be tiramisu sooner or later or aroma when that finally releases and proves to be stable :-)

Last edited by Pin1988,

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CBHC for me. On tiramisu, overclocking of WiiVC homebrew titles seems to be broken atm from what I understand so im hanging onto CBHC as long as i can. Love to play psx and n64 titles at full speed.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm staying cbhc also as I have the wii u exactly how i like it! If it ain't broke.....

Tiramisu is definitely the future of wii u modding tho as of course next year you wont be able to haxchi and if i ever had to mod another, I'd then go the tiramasu route.

But right now, no point in changing.

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

Haxchi then I moved on to Tiramisu

I use both (infrequently), both work well
1 (19).gif

===>https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-tiramisu-environment-free-cbhc.605381/page-12#post-9707538

Last edited by jeannotte,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
For (already or who want to change to it) Tiramisu Users:

Please do not forget the Statement from @Maschell from January 2022:

Just to be clear: Tiramisu is just a small side project made in a few days to give you something because of the aroma delay. The main focus still will be Aroma, so don't expect any more updates (beside bug fixes) from my side.
Aroma will be basically Tiramisu in terms of installation + coldboot capabilities, but it has really powerful module (and plugin) system to implemet most of the things people are asking for. Tiramisu is good step in the right direction, but aroma is a huge leap.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which one is actual used ?
Tiramisu.
Did you have changed from (Coldboot) Haxchi to Tiramisu ?
Yes.
Was Tiramisu your first Choice ?
Tiramisu wasn't available when I got m Wii U. Switched right after the release through.
And why ?
  • More bricksafe coldboot than CBHC.
  • It's actively maintained and supported.
  • Setup modules like Bloopair.
And from a developers PoV:
  • Extended iosuhax/wupserver APIs.
  • Beeing Mocha based (better/cleaner codebase than Haxchi, like WUPServer is its own thing and not hacked into MCP).

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes "almost" ALL work with tiramisu I think.....Despite I do have some errors conrcening when selectiong ios with those programs: any region changer (ko), ALL THE PROGRAMS CONCERING WADS like AnyTitleDeleterDB,Yet-Another-BlueDump-Mod, wiimod lite, DOP-MiiV16, DmpMiNND they do work but tends to be "buggy" when not selecting the good ios earch time to use. I change to Tiramisu because more bricksafe (I can assure it is!), but unluckely, bloopair doesn't work with none of my wifi controllers (I have a ps3 controller,maybe not legit because it doesn't work with bloopair, I have a PS2 controller, a PS3 controller (maybe not legit), a PS4 controller, a Gamesir G3S, a HJD-010A-5, a PIKTEK PC263(that work on nearly anything) but none of them seems to work on bloopair which is the most interresting app for wiiu.... ;(

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: All right! Who stole my right sock? :angry: