GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I don't know what the weather's been like for everybody else, but we've had an awfully cold two days here in Vancouver. Woke up to a -8 degrees Celsius this morning, and it was around -3 degrees when school ended. It was around -10 last night. FREEZING!! And this is November too! The heater's been on for the most of the day.

I've been playing piano for quite a while now, around nine years, and all I can say is that the worst thing that can happen to you when you're playing is when your fingers are so f***ing cold! You mess up on your scales and arpeggios, you can't hit the 32nd note runs anymore, and every piece goes spiraling out of control.
hate2.gif

It's worse when you're playing a piece like Sergei Rachmaninoff's Prelude in G Minor, Opus 23, No. 5:

I gave up practicing the 3rd movement of Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata because there was just no way I'd be able to play it.

I wonder if other people get pissed off by cold fingers, 'cause I seriously do.

- CarbonX13

xx_cutie_xx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree, playing the piano with cold fingers is hard.
I've been playing piano for 10 years and I play fast classical songs.
When it's cold my fingers feel stiff and I can't move them as fast.
frown.gif

I really hate it so before I play I usually run my fingers under warm water for a little bit so they're not as stiff.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I cannot even get 32nds on the piano without it being cold! Yeah, I've been playing for around 8 years, but I'm still not really that good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise