Hacking Codes Not Working!

Fekore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having problems with the "USRCHEAT.dat" file located on this website. I'm replacing it with the old USRCHEAT.dat file, and everything is fine. The problem is that the codes are not actually working in the game, I have tried activating codes in other games and it yields the same results. I was able to get them working for a short amount of time but then the next time I went to turn my game on, with the exact same cheats selected, nothing was happening (Example: Infinite Health in The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - I would still be able to lose health). I would like to find out whats wrong and resolve it because this is the best database of codes that I've seen so far!
happy.gif
Any help would be appreciated!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you enabling the cheats in two different places? There is a global cheat enable, and you also have to enable them for each game you want to use them with.

-Bri

Fekore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what you mean by the "YSMENU" or the "Official Loader" Sephiroth. I'm enabling the cheats on the "Option" Tab, and also in the "Cheat" tab. Just to make sure, I'm using DSTT, should I should be looking for the file named "USRCHEAT.dat." Well the one that I downloaded was "usrcheat.dat." Would this make any sort of difference? Thanks for the help so far!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fekore,

YSMenu is a homebrew menu system that runs on the DSTT. You're probably using the official menu (TTMenu).

The case of the usrcheat.dat file shouldn't matter, as long as you've replaced the file with the same name that's in the TTMENU folder. If you've replaced the file that's there and you're using the wrong cheat database format, you won't see any cheats for your games, so if you're seeing cheats and you know you've replaced the database that's in the TTMENU folder, then you should be OK there.

Check on your microSD card and see if you have a files with .arc extensions for the games that you've enabled cheats for. They should be in the same folder as the games, and they should have the same filename as the game (other than the .arc extension instead of .nds).

Do you have all of your .nds games in a "games" folder or are they all on the root of your microSD card? If on the root, they need to be in a folder (along with .sav and .arc files). Is your microSD card nearly full? If so, delete a game or two to leave plenty of space for saves (.sav) and cheat settings (.arc) files.

-Bri

Fekore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've looked and on the root of my SD Card, there is only ".nds," ".sav," and ".arp" files. I've moved the .nds and .sav files to a newly made folder named "Games." On my SD Card, there are only 8 games downloaded, and Moonshell so I don't think space is an issue. I'm not sure why I'm not getting the cheat setting files (.arc). Thanks alot for the help so far!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the DSTT uses .arp instead of .arc, sorry. I think the .arp files are the cheat settings. If they have the same basename as the .nds files, delete all of them. Then try it again.

Having all your files on the root causes all sorts of problems with the DSTT, and may have caused the cheat problems also.

Have you tried again since you moved the files into the "games" folder?

-Bri

Fekore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, well I tried running the codes as soon as I moved the .nds and .sav files to my "Games" folder... no luck there. I then deleted all of the existing .arp files because they had the same base name as the .nds files, only the extension was changed to .arp. Started up the codes again, nothing happened there too. I have all of my games on the root of my SD card but they are all in folders (Currently have: "Games," "moonshl," "Music" [songs played with Moonshell] and "TTMenu." I think that solving this problem will help solve future questions for other users. Thanks again for all the help so far!

EDIT: I noticed that they're .arp files appearing in my "Games" folder along with the .nds and .sav files everytime I load the cheats and boot up the game. Though that this might be useful.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the .arp files store which cheats you've enabled for a particular game. So, that's normal. If the cheats are showing up and you're able to enable/disable individual cheats, then you've got the cheat database installed (or, I should say, you've got some cheat database installed -- it's possible it's not using the one you think it's using, but that shouldn't affect anything). So far so good.

All of your .nds, .sav, and .arp files are in folders and NOT on the root of your microSD card. The only files that you have on the root are TTMENU.DAT and maybe a few other settings files for homebrew. Otherwise, you just have a few folders. Is that correct?

You also have cheats enabled in the SysOptions menu, right?

Are you using the latest version of the firmware (currently 1.14)?

You said in the O.P. "I was able to get them working for a short amount of time but then the next time I went to turn my game on, with the exact same cheats selected, nothing was happening." Can you elaborate? Are they still working sometimes, and under what conditions do they stop working? You've tried with several different games and have the same results? After they've stopped working, have you gone back into the cheat menu for each game to confirm that the cheats you had selected are still selected?

-Bri

Fekore

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have moved all of my remaining files into folders on the root of my SD Card. The two only remaining files on the root of my SD Card are "TTMENU.dat" and "TTMENU.sys". I am making sure that the cheats are enabled on the System Tools Menu. I'm not sure how to check if I have the latest version of Firmware, but I have just downloaded Version 1.14 to make sure and installed it. I've found out that some individual codes always work when activated, and some just don't work at all. I thought that the codes were not working when they actually were. It also seems to apply to my other games. For some games like The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, very few codes actually work, while other games like Mario Kart DS are working fine with multiple cheats enabled. I have checked and gone back in to every game to ensure that all the of my desired codes were still selected. I'm not sure, but could the problem be with the actual cheat itself? Maybe the inputted codes are incorrect or are incompatible? If anybody has had this problem or knows how to fix it, please inform us. Thanks for the help so far Bri.

Mrbob2

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just thought id like to post something..........

Im running the latest 1.14 ttds firmware and the latests cheat database. All the cheats for my games work ok apart from pirates of the carrebean : dead mans chest. I have both Euro and USA versions, the only 1 to have any cheats available is the euro 1 (invincible) BUT my health still goes down. Ive googled "type in cheats" such as up, down, y x2 etc but these dont work for either game.

very strange.

My solution for the origonal problem would be just re install the menu to the latest one, download the latest .usr file.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what Mrbob2 means by "just re install the menu to the latest one, download the latest .usr file".

Fekore, it sounds like the DSTT cheat system is working properly and is reading the cheat database, but that some of the cheat codes aren't working. What you want to do is PM Narin (who maintains the cheat database) or post to the thread for the cheat database with questions about specific cheat codes.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu