CoD:MWR Help - Freeze

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by raiderscrusade, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010

CoD:MWR Help - Freeze by raiderscrusade at 1:54 PM (1,709 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. raiderscrusade
    OP

Member raiderscrusade GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Just a question, tried searching but could not find anything useful.

I am using Configurable USB Loader (latest version) on a 4.1E Wii with Hermes.

COD:MWR freezes at the point when you have just completed the mission Shock and Awe (right after the nuke goes off) and are loading the next mission.

Does anyone know how to fix this freeze point for a USB loader as I don't burn games due to resource limitations.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's because it's a bad dump. You can get past it, though if you're using a disc.

For disc loaders, eject the disc right as the cutscene is loading, then just put the disc back in and it'll skip the cutscene/load sequence and you'll be onto the next level.

For USB though, you'll have to download a proper, non-nuked copy.

3. raiderscrusade
    OP

Australia
    Ah, I see.

So basically, I must burn it to a DVD in order to save time downloading it again.

Then once I have burned it, at the start of the cutscene eject it, then re insert it and it will skip?

4. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yeah, but it's probably easier to find a proper version, which is Call.of.Duty.Modern.Warfare.Reflex.USA.Wii-ALMoST. IDK what the proper EU version is called though.

5. raiderscrusade
    OP

Australia
    For me, burning to a DVD would probably be easier as my download speed is slow [​IMG]

I will burn it to a DVD I guess. Once I do complete this freeze point, can I just continue playing via my USB loader again?

And if I burn it to a DVD, can I continue my saved game or do I have to restart?

6. chainfighter

Newcomer chainfighter Member

Netherlands
    actually the game saved after you finished to mission.
    i had this too and it means that you can just go to mission select(idk if this is the right name) and choose the next mission.

hope this helped [​IMG]

7. vasili

Newcomer vasili Member

Portugal
    I had the same problem, but I use wiiflow. All I had to do was to keep pressing the A button as soon as the cutscene (SAS logo) appears. As soon as the video for the next mission starts keep pressing the A button to skip this.

8. boof222

Member boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    Yeh you don't have to burn it just use wiiflow and keep pressing as vasili said

9. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Is there any EU proper version?

10. r-win

Member r-win GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I never succeeded in both methods above. For me, I had to play the mission right before the freeze over and over again. Also, pressing A didn't help. Someone on IRC was kind enough to post his savefile which was right after the freeze, which solved the problem for me.

11. vasili

Newcomer vasili Member

Portugal
    Did you try using wiiflow?

12. vasili

Newcomer vasili Member

Portugal
    What do you mean, with EU proper version?
    I have PAL version and works great.

13. camurso_

Member camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Quero mesmo dizer isso, se há alguma versão em PAL que funcione correctamente, sem esse bug.

I meant just what I said, I asked if there is a PAL (EU) proper version of that game, without that bug.

14. Quanno

Member Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    The problem is probably in your hdd. I fixed the problem by switching my 8gb usb stick with a 1tb hdd. You could try a regular usb stick to see if that works. If not, reinstall CoD on your hdd

15. vasili

Newcomer vasili Member

Portugal
    Ok. Nisso já não posso ajudar, tem de esperar que os "pros" digam alguma coisa. Mas pelo que me tenho apercebido é um problema geral, mas não tenho certeza. Contudo, não vejo grande inconveniente em carregar no botão A para avançar o vídeo e passar à missão seguinte.

Ok. I can’t help you with that, you just have to wait for the pros and see what the say. But I think that’s a general problem, though I’m not sure. However I don’t see the inconvenience in keep pressing the A button, to skip the cutscene, and jump right to the next mission.