Club Nintendo

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Inuuto, Oct 24, 2013.

?

Should you link your 3DS with Club Nintendo?

1. Yes, why not?

81.0%
  2. No, duh.

19.0%
  1. Inuuto
    OP

Inuuto Enigmatic

Feb 2, 2010
    United States
    Undernet
    If you plan to hack your 3DS, do you think having it linked to Club Nintendo is a bad thing? I think it is.

2. kyogre123

kyogre123 Mexican Pride

Sep 23, 2013
    Mexico
    I don't.

3. redkeyboard

redkeyboard GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 8, 2013
    United States
    I doubt it'd be a problem.

4. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    They're not going to hunt you down and sue you for being a buccaneer. Worst they'll do is an online ban, and they can do that without a Club Nintendo link.

5. Spzjulien

Spzjulien GBAtemp Regular

Sep 8, 2012
    France
    u need eshop, for linking club on 3ds

no way...

6. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I'll never "hack" my Nintendo 3DS XL.
    I only use my R4i Gold for NDS-Games (and GB+GBC+NES), but I don't want to buy something like Gateway.
    I'll support Nintendo by buying good games.

calmwaters and SignZ like this.
  7. IronClouds

IronClouds GBAtemp's Pok├ębro

May 8, 2010
    United States
    Good for you! :)

NEP, PanCyan and ChrisX930 like this.
  8. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    If they banned you from Club Nintendo, wouldn't that encourage you to pirate more games?

9. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009

You'll support Nintendo, but pirate DS, GB, GBC & NES games...? :huh:

10. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany

NDS Games are dumped from my retail-cartridges.
    How should I support Nintendo by buying GB,GBC and GBA Games? They won't sell them anymore. I can only buy this games on ebay or other e-Shops.
    Nintendo won`t see a cent, if I buy a game from ebay ;)

11. Schizoanalysis

Jun 23, 2009

If games retain their value in the second hand market, people are more likely to buy games, thus more sales, thus more money for Nintendo.
    Having been around a while, if I know a game will retain its value into the future, I am far more likely to buy it.

Thus, you may not think it directly affects Nintendo, but if older games remain valuable, people are happier to buy new games (knowing they won't be worth nothing in the future).

12. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Yes, always connect your Nintendo gaming device so you can earn rewards from your favoritest company. :D (I didn't feel like typing out most favorite; sounds boring)
    See, it's like this: I love Nintendo so much that I'm willing to do whatever I have to to play their games.

ChrisX930 likes this.
  13. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada
    This is so dumb and wrong.

ChrisX930 likes this.
  14. Schizoanalysis

Jun 23, 2009

Why is it dumb and wrong? Do you have money to throw away?
    BTW, I have sold second hand games for $300+, and many for $100+.

If you are happy to spend money on something that will loose the bulk of its value, feel free to do so.
    I think differently. I think it is dumb to throw away money needlessly.

KefkasMyDad and ChrisX930 like this.
  15. KefkasMyDad

KefkasMyDad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    the moon
    this is so dumb and wrong
    how does buying games from the nintendo eshop not give them any money, and even if they dont offer it, it doesnt give you a golden ticket to steal their products.
    ur fooling urself. even if they never rerelease there games, if enough people wanted them to, they would be more inclined to if people didnt just pirate them. since people do just pirate their old games (thinking its alright, like you) fewer games get digital releases, fewer games get sold (digitally), therefore your not supporting nintendo.
    be like the rest of us, not self righteous pirates, but just pirates
    i pirate cause its cheaper (maybe cause i hate nintendo a lil bit :P ) not because i tricked myself into thinking im doing gods work.

Schizoanalysis and kyogre123 like this.
  16. ChrisX930

ChrisX930 Banned

Banned
    Sep 3, 2013
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I'm not talked about the Nintendo e-Shop^^ I talkes about e-shops like ebay, amazon etc.
    Sure, that don't give me a "golden ticket" to "steal" their products.
    But you can't buy games like "Dragon Warrior Monsters I & II", "Donkey Kong Land I -III" and many more games on the nintendo e-shop.
    I don't want to get this games from a person on ebay, because it's very expensive. If I could get this games on nintendo E-shop, I'll buy it. Because it's from nintendo.

(sry, my english isn`t very good ^^`)

17. KefkasMyDad

KefkasMyDad Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2013
    United States
    the moon
    and like i said, nintendo doesnt bother offering their older games on their eshop because people just steal them. why bother dealing with all the license BS when only 10 people will buy it cause everyone else just downloaded it 10 years ago. if nintendo saw a demand, or just werent having their old games downloaded illegally, theyd probably would add more games on there eshop. since you not only dont buy games preowned (from e-bay or where ever) but also just download them at a whim, there is no demand, nintendo doesnt rerelease there titles, nintendo isnt being supported.
    i dont give 3 s****s about nintendo and their bottomline, nor piracy, but u thinking ur not doing nintendo a disservice is simply wrong. the fact everyone already has a pirated digital version of any given game, destroys any reason nintendo would rerelease it officially.
    (and your english is fine, not perfect, but whose is?)

ChrisX930 likes this.