Homebrew Cloud Saves

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
If doable. I think that would be a really good app. Would it just upload the saves folder and redownload it or was you thinking of individual saves?

ddurdle

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It would use a personal cloud service account you define. For starters, Google Drive. I would add others like Amazon Cloud Drive, BOX, OneDrive. Google Drive is the "big one" as anyone can register for a free account, and 15GB is more then enough space.

What I had in mind is having it compare your saves on your system with that saved in your cloud account, and then it would push any saves not already on your cloud service account and then pull any saves.

The idea would be I could play a game on one 3DS, sync my saves and then if I were to start playing on another 3DS linked to the same account, it would pull the save file.

It would handle conflicts and let you decide which save to use.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, I'm a KODI cloud service developer. So I'm very familiar with how to get this done on the cloud-end. I started messing around with compiling on the 3DS and think I can learn enough to get the device-end part done.

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Do It! :)

I've wished this was a thing for awhile, hell even without the sync feature I'd settle for my saves getting pushed up to a sever just as backup! find it kinda tedious to export all my games in JKSM then transfer to PC via FTP and backing up externally after that!

Means I don't backup super often and who knows when something will go wrong on me.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to an attempt, but a question. How easy and streamlined would you imgagine synching saves would be? Say me who has well over 100 games. It obviously wouldnt happen automatically, it aould have to happen through a seperate app, unless of course it's developed as an ntr plugin that can upload saves.

ZekPower01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question about fbi installed games.. If i install a game (.cia) through fbi, will i be able to export the save, like you would do when you have a cartridge inserted?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would actually be fantastic. Instead of having to make full backups of my SD card every month or so, I can just backup all my saves to a cloud, I'm certain that would be much quicker (and easier at that).

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you now see people want it. When it's in a point you like it, will you share the source via github? We'd love it.

Guipradi

Trophies
XP
Country
This would be much appreciatted in the community and it's an original and useful idea! I say Go ahead!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool