Hardware Closest CPP is in... Cali?

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone noticed that Circle Pad Pros are really hard to find? I've called every Gamestop in my area and they simply told me that they didn't have any in stock. A few days ago when I was out of town I went into their local GS, and asked if they had any... This guy actually looked it up and told me the closest Gamestop to have a CPP is in a small town in California. Thats quite surprising seeing that I live in the southeast portion of the U.S.

What is up with Nintendo not supplying gamestops with this accessory? I'm a left handed person who never had anyone tell me to adapt early in life, so I really suck at playing FPS games or any other game that only supports aiming with the right hand. I only recently ran into the issue again when I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and told them I also wanted a CPP. (to alleviate the odd controls in the game). Uprising has been dificult for me, but I thankfully have a pen sized stylus from my DSi which helps me grip it properly with my right hand... So I am slowly adapting to the controls.

BTW, you might also notice that you can't even order the CPP from Nintendo's offical store! (Long ass link: http://store.nintend...rencyPreference)

Have they quietly abandoned this product, or are they just waiting for the next big production run? I dunno but its really pissing me off. Meanwhile Ebay scalpers are charging 3X the original price and people are buying it. :(

The Masked Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Chula Vista and did that "search-a-store" thing where they find the nearest Gamestop that hold the CPP on their website. There was no result.
It's a bummer, really.

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I live in Chula Vista and did that "search-a-store" thing where they find the nearest Gamestop that hold the CPP on their website. There was no result.
It's a bummer, really.

That doesn't really mean anything. Someone might have bought it since Friday. He told me there was only one.

have you tried amazon?

$70 for a used product that is $20 new. kthxbai. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B006J66CPG/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I asked a Gamestop worker like two months ago about the CPP and they said they were sold out everywhere until June (Which I think got pushed back until July).

It's supposed to be a Gamestop exclusive product too in the US.

There's no way it's sold out. Gamestop is probably just holding them back for some reason.

kthnxshwn

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just buy it from eBay if I needed it that badly. According to Gamestop, it doesn't come out as a separate attachment until July 2nd. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GENUINE-Nintendo-3DS-Expansion-Slide-Pad-The-Circle-Pad-Pro-Attachment-NEW-/251034264429?pt=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item3a72cee36d#ht_2454wt_1228

Reactions: 1 person

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I asked a Gamestop worker like two months ago about the CPP and they said they were sold out everywhere until June (Which I think got pushed back until July).

There's no way it's sold out. Gamestop is probably just holding them back for some reason.

Why June? Gosh I hate Gamestop. I hate having to shop there due to exclusivity .

I'd just buy it from eBay if I needed it that badly. According to Gamestop, it doesn't come out as a separate attachment until July 2nd. http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_2454wt_1228

Oh I didn't see that listing. Thanks!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Why June? Gosh I hate Gamestop. I hate having to shop there due to exclusivity .
It's not Gamestops choice IIRC. Nintendo decides.

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just spouting my hatred for Gamestop for any reason I can think of. What people do on this here internet, try to find reasons to hate. :creep:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

Just spouting my hatred for Gamestop for any reason I can think of. What people do on this here internet, try to find reasons to hate. :creep:
Agreed 100% :lol:

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before Errpow comes in I might as well tell you that a thumb stylus is much much cheaper and a better deal (it works with any game that uses a touch screen, not only CPP optimized ones) plus the CPP is a stupid accessory and the lack of it shows how little of a damn Nintendo gives about a second stick.

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone noticed that Circle Pad Pros are really hard to find? I've called every Gamestop in my area and they simply told me that they didn't have any in stock. A few days ago when I was out of town I went into their local GS, and asked if they had any... This guy actually looked it up and told me the closest Gamestop to have a CPP is in a small town in California. Thats quite surprising seeing that I live in the southeast portion of the U.S.

What is up with Nintendo not supplying gamestops with this accessory? I'm a left handed person who never had anyone tell me to adapt early in life, so I really suck at playing FPS games or any other game that only supports aiming with the right hand. I only recently ran into the issue again when I bought Kid Icarus: Uprising and told them I also wanted a CPP. (to alleviate the odd controls in the game). Uprising has been dificult for me, but I thankfully have a pen sized stylus from my DSi which helps me grip it properly with my right hand... So I am slowly adapting to the controls.

BTW, you might also notice that you can't even order the CPP from Nintendo's offical store! (Long ass link: http://store.nintend...rencyPreference)

Have they quietly abandoned this product, or are they just waiting for the next big production run? I dunno but its really pissing me off. Meanwhile Ebay scalpers are charging 3X the original price and people are buying it. :(

What part of Cali? I'm in a small town. :unsure:

Quietlyawesome94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried amazon?

$70 for a used product that is $20 new. kthxbai. http://www.amazon.co...&condition=used

dont know why being kinda a douche there but ok, was just trying to help

checked ebay though. it looked like there were a few at the 20$ range if you want to check out. or wait until they get released again

Didn't mean to sound douche/rude. Meant to infer that amazon wasn't any better than ebay as far as pricing goes. Sorry. :3

What part of Cali? I'm in a small town. :unsure:

He didn't say. :(

+1 for Cali! I can do an awesome Schwarzenegger impression! :ha:

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did buy mine from Nintendo's On-line Store

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s