Clone a WFC Config?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by drfsupercenter, May 20, 2009.

May 20, 2009

Clone a WFC Config? by drfsupercenter at 8:10 PM (812 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Hi,

So here's what I'm trying to do:

I have a DS Lite and DSi. I still use both regularly... as games such as Pokémon D/P/P have the dual-slot thing so I still want to use the DS Lite. But I'm far too lazy to keep migrating my Nintendo Wi-Fi settings to each system before I use it (For things such as the GTS)

I know it only lets you use a configuration on one system, and unless you transfer it that way... it gives you a new friend code.

But theoretically, it would be possible to "clone" the WFC config, so that both systems have the exact same settings. I just need to know how I would do it, or if the tools exist.

1. I would start with the config/friend codes on my DS Lite
    2. I would run some homebrew that dumps the NAND to either my slot 1 or slot 2 flash card
    3. I would transfer the config to my DSi
    4. I would restore the config to my DS Lite somehow.

It's step 4 I worry about. Now, I know when you use FlashMe (Which I did, btw), it has the option to remove FlashMe, which will write back the original firmware. Does that affect WFC? And if so, does it actually save your configuration? Or does it simply erase them?

Someone please let me know if my theory is plausible... I'm certainly not going to be online with both at once so it shouldn't cause any problems.

2. Quanno

Member Quanno GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I think it isn't possible. Nintendo couldn;t handle two same friendcodes at the same time (which is possible if you have it double of course)

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Yeah but that's "At once" - you're assuming both are connected to the Internet at the same time.

How would Nintendo know? All transferring the configuration does is put it on one and erase it from the other... right?

4. Quanno

Netherlands
    Say, you have two flashcarts, both with pokemon and the same friendcode. then you are able to go with the same friendcode online. Nintendo doesn't want that, so they disabled the cloning.

5. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    I know they disabled it!

But that's why I'm asking about using a flash card to do it! Nintendo also disabled homebrew on the Wii... but you notice how it's still totally possible?

6. Quanno

Netherlands
    Since you want your answer so clear as possible;
    No, it's not possible

7. drfsupercenter
    OP

United States
    Well, is there a way to dump the internal memory of a DS/DS Lite?

And can it be restored? I know FlashMe does something like that, but what exactly?